Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for an aftermarket intake for a 1956 Olds 324

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sstock...not, Nov 23, 2019.

1. sstock...not

sstock...not
    from boston

Hello. I am looking for a 2x2 or 4x2 intake for a 1956 Oldsmobile 324. These engines have the #10 heads and are one year only. I know for a fact that aftermarket intakes for 303s and earlier 324s do not fit a 1956 324. The wanted section says I do not have permission to post on that forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Can you expand on your comment "do not fit"? Early intakes are smaller port but what other observations have you made to lead you to this opinion. @F&J has been building Olds engines longer than I so he may jump in here with a comment. I can only think of the runner size or maybe needing double gaskets for sealing?????

3. sstock...not

sstock...not
    from boston

Yes you may be right. I’ve only test fit it dry, without gaskets. I have read that 1956 and later olds engines have taller decks hence the intake mounting is wider. I will try and test fit with double gaskets. Hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

All 324 intakes will be a direct fit, 303s will bolt up but manifold flange may not cover head port.
    371 intake port flange surfaces would need to be milled down to fit shorter deck 324/303

To post in the classified start a new listing, you can not respond to existing ads

5. Send a pm to the person selling.