Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What are your thoughts on this 55 chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Nov 22, 2019.

1. atomickustom

atomickustom

I am not a patina fan but I would take any original car over something some idiot f*cked up that bad.

The car in my avatar sat in a cow pasture for 20 years before I bought it. It was also 100% original.

2. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X's 2 on the custom. I'd go one step further and give the engine a 25% setback and call it an Altered! Call me CrAzY!!!

3. Lerenzo Rawson

Lerenzo Rawson

If I had 4k to spend Willy Nilly I'd buy the hell out of that. A harbor freight welder and some Rust-Oleum and I bet it would be a good time! Then again, I love pre trashed stuff other people generally don't.

Sent from my cp3705A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  4. Boodlum

Boodlum

Do rear wheel openings Maserati Shamal style. Will balance f/r proportions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Rear window look is beyond ugly!

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  6. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One thing is for sure...if you buy it, you'll have the only one like it. A good thing...I don't so.

7. reagen

reagen

I wouldn't kick it out of the garage

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  8. Dump the body sell all the body parts and buy a 39/40 Merc or 41 thru 48 Ford body and drop it on your running chassis. They go right on after you cut about 10 inches off the Chevy frame horns and move the rear crossmember up to the rear spring purch and cut the rest off; the one I did.[​IMG]

stanlow69 likes this.
  9. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Typical love/hate project.
    Price would be too much for me, but I kinda like the concept...
    Radius rear wheels appeal to me..and the chop surprisingly does not bother me...but with the chop, lose the hood scoop....and that back window would have to go...quickly..lol
    Would I tackle it for the right price..
    If I was ten years younger (now 75) I sure would...
    Could be an interesting challenge..

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

That custom version is awesome :)

11. Only issue is the insane price.
    The rest is just metal.
    I like the green gasser version but I’m a little burn out on those.
    Fix the squared back window, open up the wheel wells and make a nascar car style beater out of it.
    Drive the crap out of it.

On a side note....
    There is a 55 here locally that has a 63/4 roof on it.
    Looks ok but not my style.

12. Squablow

Squablow

Not for that price, but that car has potential, just needs someone with the vision and ambition to take it there. For me, I'd rather have the original frame under it, but if the chop was fleshed out a bit better, I could like it.

Also, I feel like it needs to go all the way custom, or all the way drag car, and not a weird mash of the two. Pick a lane and start welding.

X-cpe likes this.
  13. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Been on CL for almost a year around here. I was shopping pretty hard for a '55 and passed this one over real quick. It would be almost impossible to title in Iowa with the metric frame and '5 body. You need the paperwork for each one and my guess is he has none.

I offered to buy the wheels and he never responded.

SPark

14. 34Larry

34Larry

wouldn't waste time on it at all.
    Fifty-fives hold no special significance for me nor does the fifty six, both are just another chev to me.
    I took my drivers ed in a four door fifty five so me me there is not the feeling of something special. I know all you younger bucks think they'er cool, I'm okay with that. Got ta go back before '49 to peak my interest. My first "hot rod" (which I even hesitate to use that term on", was a Fifty seven 210 HT, 283 cleaned up to 292, FI heads, Jans pistons on stock rods, Dontov Cam, tri power, four on the floor. White with baby moons and beauty rings. That makes the fifty sevens my only choice of the tri fives. Now the Nomads of that 3 year run do gain my respect IF they are done right.

15. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

There’s a 55 convertible running around close to here that has a 62-64 Impala roof welded on it. Still has the chrome convertible windshield header. It looks somewhat like that car, you know something is different first time you see it. The owner told me he bought it in Florida from the original owners who had gotten tired of putting a top on it every few years. I bet Anthony know the car I’m talking about.

anthony myrick likes this.
  16. Wish I had a pic of it to post.