Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Custom made race style seat belts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ric, Nov 22, 2019.

1. I was told about someone making 2" wide, race style lap belts. They come with race belt style latching system and vintage manufacturing labels. Look old school but brand new. Trying to locate said person.
    Does this ring a bell with anyone ?
    Thanks.

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doesn't ring a bell(t)
    upload_2019-11-22_14-56-24.png
    with Irving tags
    upload_2019-11-22_14-57-4.png
    I got these from a gentleman in Canadia as memory serves but I cant find any info on him here at work. I will do some searching. They were black but I had my upholsterer change that to match the seats. He transferred the hardware and tags for me. These are clip.

WDobos likes this.
  3. There was a guy up here that was making them and I can't find his info either. Not sure if he was still around or not.

I think it may be Rich Design Vintage Seatbelts. Not sure if he is still in business. His website no longer exists and his social media doesn't seem to have been used in ages.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Bandit Billy likes this.
  4. greybeard360

greybeard360

Find someone that races. He will more than likely have some out of date belts he would sell or give to you. Take them to an upholstery shop and have them put new webbing... Your choice of color! Only thing missing would be a vintage tag.

5. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Special thread used and special needles on a special machine. Then there is the liability issue , don’t get anyone but a seatbelt manufacturer/re Webber to do it .

6. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Here is the company I bought my 2” belts from:
    http://www.crowenterprizes.com/
    They were great to work with and have a quick turnaround time. They will also re-web the belts when they are outdated.
    Jim
    Here is a picture of the seats and belts during mock up.
    5A97611D-EDBC-4BF6-BD0C-63BD83D13626.jpeg

WDobos and HunterYJ like this.
  7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, that's the guy! Great man to work with. I hope he is still around.

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

And a $500 dollar fine.

9. If you're gonna run fake race belts, you better plan on having fake accidents.

10. I got my 2" belts with the latch and loop latches from Racer Direct. Excellent price and quick service.

1940Willys likes this.