Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical F1 Pedals AV8

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Pete Poling, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Pete Poling

Pete Poling

First post so take it easy on me! I bought the AV8 F1 style crossmember from Dave Havlir and now I’m at the point where I need to drill the holes for the F1 pedals. I’ve read and read and searched but I’m still second guessing myself. Do you guys see any red flags?
    Pedal mount is level, clutch linkage is close to the frame, everything looks like it’s gonna live under the floor...... am I missing anything? I obviously need to heat and bend the pedals so they live in a different spot. Thanks for the help. IMG_4407.JPG IMG_4407.JPG IMG_4404.JPG IMG_4400.JPG IMG_4398.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Placement looks about right in relation to the steering column, both need to bend to the left a little but look close to where they need to be. Hard to tell how much stroke the brake pedal will have before it hits the clutch shaft, you also need to make sure the clutch will fully release before the pedal hits the floor.

3. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks pretty good. You might want to set in the front section of floor board to see where the pedal arms contact the floor. You probably can adjust things enough to deal with them hitting early in their travel but if a small adjustment makes life easier why not?

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks right to me

5. Seems ok to me also. I used F-1 pedals in my 34 coupe and like 'em. This winter I'll need to change a worn pedal bushing but other than that they're great!

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Watching this thread to see what comes up. I've got a stock F 1 cross member and pedals for m 31.

7. No room for the F-1 cross member in my 34 frame so I mounted mine on a hink of 3/16ths plate. This is before I did any trimming, reinforcing or finish-welding.......just trying to see how it was all gonna fit. 34pedals2_12_17.jpg

Tim likes this.
  8. Pete Poling

Pete Poling

Thanks for the input guys, I’m gonna go ahead and drill some holes.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. flatford39

flatford39

Similar to mine. I use an original F-1 and cut mine to fit. My pedals are a little more to the left. My clutch shaft is actually in the frame hollow a little. Don't have it finished yet but it's close to yours.

My pedals split the steering column perfectly this way.

deathrowdave likes this.