Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crashed my car. It sucks. I'm hurt.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Lee, Feb 5, 2005.

1. When I was in the Army in the mid seventies we still were driving the old JEEPS and apparently there were a lot of squashed soldiers!

They had a Safety switch that was activated by the clutch pedal and you couldn't engage the starter until you fully depressed the clutch pedal...!!! (forcing the driver to at least have his feet in the right place)!!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Some how found this thread on accident tonight and thought I’d bump it for no other reason but to have other people read it that remember when that car was being built and you still made storied posts.

I remember when I moved to the city trying to figure out where all the stories from that era of the hamb had happened. Probably romanticized it in my head but they are good memories either way

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I just re read this whole thread Tim.... so many that are not on the board if ever,. and then some that have passed..... holy Memory lane.... 14 years ago....
    ...wow......

4. Rckt98

Rckt98

I have just done the same thing Jeff, also thinking most names aren't familiar.

Jeff Norwell and Stogy like this.
  5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's weird, on some old threads, everyone who originally posted is still around, others, it seems like everyone is gone. The true answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

As for Kevin and his embarrassing episode, he ain't the only one who ever ran over himself with his own damn car.....

-Abone.

Roothawg, Jeff Norwell, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A great reminder of that Ole little Electrical Thingamagig the NSS Trending right now...It damn near needs to be a Sticky...

As alluded in that other thread I have a Hotrod Lacking in a Funtioning Switch which is there but not functioning...This will be the last for this issue...time to peel the floor back...

Glad this was Nasty with no loss of life and I hope @Kevin Lee has healed completely without handicap...Scary shit...Building these Jalopies requires extreme consideration of certain Safety features much like our Dailies were engineering and Safety have evolved from these very type of incidents...

7. glrbird

glrbird

As a kid, I learned from watching my brother, he started his Pontiac powered f-100 in drive and center punched the grill with big vice on the work bench, started a Jeep in gear and crashed into the garage doors, and a few years ago reached in the window and started his bus/motor home ( in gear of course ) and watched it run right into the pool! He is a great teacher!

Tim, The37Kid and cactus1 like this.
  8. I was twisting the distributer on a hemi powered dune rod in high school. Laying over the motor while the guy who built it was cranking it. It had *homade tranny linkage and when it lit it began to shake like crazy. I kept turning the distributer and hoping I was going to get the shake out of it all it once it took off across the shop. One of the guys threw the roll up open just wide enough for us to clear and the guy who owned the car was shouting pull the coil wire. I figured out that things were going to get ugly when I realized we were outside.

The car was in gear, the shaking was the owner trying to hold it with the brakes. We all laughed pretty hard. The upside was that when we got it back inside and made sure it was in neutral it fired right up. guess I had the timing pretty close. :D

*I am not sure whos ho made it.

raven, kidcampbell71 and Tim like this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Lol I can picture that all too clear