Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help Identify this Intake Chevy 235 Stovebolt?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steel A Rod, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod

Hey Guys,
    Anybody recognize this? Looks like it would fit a Chevy Stove bolt, but I'm not sure, never messed with one.
    It's cast aluminum. Quality looks good, and it's pretty old. My guess is its for a blower? No markings on it. 1108191845.jpg

Attached Files:

harpo1313 and Hnstray like this.
  2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Sometime in the '50s, John Bandimere in Denver cast at least one 3-71 or 4-71 GMC blower manifold for the 235. Finding one today would be nothing short of a miracle.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  3. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod

302, thanks for the info.
    Checked into Mr. Bandimere. What a innovative guy! This manifold looks different than the photos I saw of his, but maybe?

302GMC likes this.
  4. No markings or numbers?
    Definitely well made.
    Sorry no help to I’d the thing but it sure is cool!

I owned a 235 and a 261 and anything rare for them the price goes up, in-line 6 guys love the rare go fast goodies

5. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Nice piece! looks like its set up for a pop off valve too.

6. The manifold appears to be for a S.C.O.T., or Italmechanicca blower, I think that the pop off is the give away they used.. Those blowers were made in various sizes, From flathead to Cadillac to Crosley To various other engines. George Monte had one on a display engine in his Gasoline Alley Speed Shop on Long Island in the 1960's. Frank Dominiana, owned Hi-speed Power And Equipment, also on Long Island. I went there in the 1960's, and saw some of the smaller blowers that he still had sitting on the shelf. All of the popular models were gone. Frank also had Stangulinni dyno in his shop. I wish that I had a camera with me to preserve some early hot rodding history, but, I still have the memories.

302GMC likes this.
  7. Fordors

Fordors

0DE06774-9415-410B-B661-5AEA5612DE30.jpeg

I think you nailed it @nickthebandit. Comparing this Ardun manifold the mounting pad for the blower looks the same. All these years of looking at S.CO.T. blowers and I never before realized they mounted like a pruned GMC 71 series.

8. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod

Nick, I think your right, it does look like it is for the S.CO.T blower. And there was a small Italmechanicca Blower sold at the same auction. This intake has some oxidation on it, but I don't think it was ever mounted?

9. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod

Actually found a photo of a very similar set up by SCOT, on a Crosley.

Attached Files:

• it2.jpg
      it2.jpg
      File size:
      150.5 KB
      Views:
    IronTrap likes this.
  10. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod

Bringing this back up. Looks like it was for a SCOT blower. Anybody every see one before? Or have a photo of one installed?

11. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

12. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod

Stovebolt, great photo thank you!
    Do you have any photos from the other side?
    Any other information?
    Thanks again!

13. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Unfortunately that is all I have