Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Cars in field in Gainesville Ga

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by upspirate, Nov 20, 2019.

1. upspirate

upspirate

This pic was shared this AM on a FB drone group I'm in.
    Said it was in Gainesville Ga antitque cars in field.jpg

2. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Interesting collection , neat and tidy, plus a 59 Edsel 4 door on the end

Hemiman 426 likes this.
  3. upspirate

upspirate

Looks like they are stored as well as can be for field cars.....not overgrown with weeds. doesn't look like many flat tires if any

MO54Frank likes this.
  4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Looks like cars lined up neatly for an auction rather than just a collection of cars.

5. evintho

evintho

If I had that much property, that's exactly what it would look like!

blowby and upspirate like this.
  6. That belongs to a guy who is "going to restore them someday".:rolleyes:

ray-jay and bob b. like this.
  7. Most of the cars are four door sedans. Either his preference, or what he could afford...

8. gene-koning

gene-koning

Looks to me like there are a lot of other cars along the edges, and in the background, like maybe this is/was an old salvage yard and these were the best of the yard. They may have been set aside as the yard owners privet collection, or for resale, or so parts didn't get picked off of them, or for a possible future auction.

Years ago, one of our local yards had a section you couldn't go into unless the yard owner was with you. It was his personal collection, and he did occasionally sell complete cars with good titles. The cars in that section were much better cared for then the cars in the general yard. Gene

VANDENPLAS and upspirate like this.
  9. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I wonder if the owner is aware someone has broadcast pictures of his cars all over the planet....

bchctybob, wraymen, HSF and 4 others like this.
  10. williebill

williebill

Wonder if my 22LR would take down a drone......

11. I call dibs on the CVCC.

12. It looks like a state park if you around the edges.

13. yep. looks to me like someones gearing up for an auction in the spring

14. Personally don't care for drones. I've had a couple fly over my place last year, never saw where they came from or went to. Lack of privacy kinda piss's me off. Mitch

15. Sporty45

Sporty45

Looks like you could jump right into any of 'em and drive it! :cool:

16. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, they will...

scotty t likes this.
  17. That may have been a cruise in for a club of "patina" cars.

Mark Yac, scotty t and wraymen like this.
  18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

...from what you've heard...right? I kinda agree on the privacy issue when it comes to these things. Fortunately I have a bunch of trees that hide the bulk of my property.

427 sleeper likes this.
  19. I'm under the impression that if you shoot one down, you can be in a it of hot water. Next time I'll just take my clothes off hence insuring the drone NEVER comes back !! That'll work right? Mitch

20. That is a gentleman's collection. He lives behind them From the picture that is only about a third of them. He has tractors, trucks, const equipment along with the cars. People stop all the time since they are beside the road.

upspirate likes this.
  21. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, from what I've heard...
    This story was told tome by a friend of my 17th cousin, nine time's removed...

scotty t likes this.
  22. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

He started lining them up like that in the late 90s. Started off lining them up right against the road and it’s well traveled so he is not trying to hide them. It’s grown a lot over the years. Roy Parks Rd. Check it out on Google maps, it’s even more impressive than this shot shows.

upspirate likes this.
  23. Wow, he must have over a thousand dollars invested in all that collection...

24. gene-koning

gene-koning

Looks like he has some pretty cool rides stuck in some of those lines of cars & trucks. I'd probably be willing to take a few off his hands, if he was giving them away... Gene

25. spanners

spanners

To bring down a drone what you need is one of those devices that Dennis the menace carried in his back pocket. Over here we call them slingshots or 'gonks'. For ammo use an ice cube out of the beer fridge. Doesn't leave any evidence. Take out a prop and down they go. As far as being in trouble for downing one, let them explain to the cops what they were doing filming your property.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  26. 62rebel

62rebel

Most frustrating trip I had was going to Atlanta with a coworker and passing this place or one just like it... I was passenger or we'd have damn well stopped to gawk. Coworker had no interest at all in cars... he just wanted to drink and watch footysportball or whatever it is in the hotel room. Another reason I don't follow sports. Or drink.

upspirate likes this.
  27. Toqwik

Toqwik

My wife and a friend were sunbathing in the back yard by the pool. I heard a drone and yelled 3 times to move your drone . It never moved. I disabled his drone and threw it out into the street. No more drone problems. We need to respect people’s privacy. On that note, it looks like the guy buys bargains or has a buddy that buys junk cars and he buys the complete or old cars he likes.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.