Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Rested today, ordered prescripton..Ate chicken! Now watching Outlaws........er, Lizzy Musi......

stillrunners and swade41 like this.
  2. Spread 67 tons of gravel, my shoulders are sore[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

3. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Finished nailing all the hangers up for the shop addition. 20191118_115041.jpg

4. CC-Mo

CC-Mo

Unloaded this '33 and got it home in the garage. My first hot rod.
    I know Mustangs in & out, not these but I'm ready to learn. All Henry steel. Seems solid as a rock.
    IMG_2533.jpeg

5. I also have a sizable collection of chainsaws. Some as old as I am.There is a chain saw thread on the Hamb Antiquated forum.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. I'll have a look.
    Bob

7. Rick Phillips

Rick Phillips

Nice 33, like to see what you have planned for the build. Very cool.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. pretty day today plenty of sunshine. I adjusted the valves on my OT wrecker. let it run and warn up. loosen until they clatter and tighten till they just get quiet. Then after I shut it of tighten them all 1/4 turn. It ran much better. Then I decided to change the leaking power steering sector. The pump had been run dry and was rattling. So I got that job almost done. The replacement pump was different so I had to change the mounting brackets. I eventually located the correct parts in my hoard. Plenty greasy from all the leakage. My wife asked me if there was any part of me that's not dirty.

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Drank a beer while I was burning the stack of beer boxes. :)

Boneyard51, LAROKE, Caprice89 and 2 others like this.
  10. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Found these on craigslist today. Picked the set up for $400. I'll probably use the tires and sell the wheels. 20191119_153700.jpg

osage orange, 40two, LAROKE and 6 others like this.
  11. hammer-time

hammer-time

12. 62rebel

62rebel

Disassembled the column on the Galaxie and found the failed part; the tab on the shift tube had popped off. Need to clean up the damage to the tube and tab and weld it back on. Really need a spot welder to do this right, but all I have is my wire feed. I figured that this was the issue when the shift levers didn't have any effect on the column lever. Also sharing my lemonade with my raccoon Ringo. Should change his name to Stonewall..

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  13. mnjeff

mnjeff

Ha! I may not have 12 years left in this continuum.....made the decision that the Willys is gonna be a permanent “ beater”, it will get a few patches on the fenders, but I am leaving the small dents, weld beads, and other sins intact. Scratch it with the da and shoot it with some sem satin black..The next guy can worry about a straight body and shiny paint. I have gathered up enough worn blue jeans from friends to stitch up a funky looking interior, and plan on trying to wear out that ot fuelie chevy motor that’s in it....Including a stop at Bills picnic next June.

UNSHINED 2 and osage orange like this.
  14. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I built a battery box platform for my '40 PU. It is attached to the firewall using an existing stud and threaded hole. Once the truck is painted and assembled, I will choose the battery, build the box, and mount it to the platform. Also, the box will have a cover, with louvers. IMG_3598.JPG IMG_3601.JPG

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  15. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Do you have rubber body mounts?

Bones

16. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I fabricated it with a spacer between the lower mount and the frame, so it will have some webbing for cushion.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  17. topher5150

topher5150

Spent some time online looking for a tranny......you know what I mean. There isn't diddly on craigs list anymore, and everything within my price range is at least 2-3 hours away.

62rebel likes this.
  18. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_5313.JPG IMG_5312.JPG Drove over to a pal's house to get some additional pictures of his car that I failed to get Saturday.:eek: The split manifold is pretty cool with the larger pipes and the four barrel makes it more responsive.;) 5 speed makes it fun!:)

19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Went to work and found out the well endowed woman that works in the office had quit so that kind of takes away the desire to go to work.

20. Today I disassembled my 8th DT466 International Diesel this year for a complete in frame engine overhaul. Sadly the DT was the Premiere medium duty Diesel engine, now it’s just a pile of junk. How do you explain to a guy who bought the truck brand new, took proper care of it that after 105,000 miles that the engine is worn out and needs a $15,000 overhaul? Hell, a 300 Ford would triple that mileage before crapping out.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

MMM1693, UNSHINED 2 and ted kovacs like this.
  21. Hitting the like button didn't feel right.
    Sorry dude

osage orange likes this.
  22. Did some fitting on a luggage rack I'm making for my friend's car. Found the windshield fit again once the Vintique seal was tossed and a Bob Drake seal installed.
    IMG_20191113_121548 (Medium).jpg IMG_20191120_133217 (Medium).jpg IMG_20191113_121532 (Medium).jpg

23. 67 tons with a machine will make ya tired

24. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Put these tires on my wide fives. . Screenshot_20191120-194756_Gallery.jpg

Jalopy Joker, Lil32, RICH B and 2 others like this.
  25. Some with a machine the operator would not go within 4 feet of the retaining wall with his 50 hp bobcat, he said it would collapse so that and the edges were done by hand. I'm still sore, too old for this crap.

Lloyd's paint & glass and Lil32 like this.
  26. saw them listed....

27. Finished one half of the insulation job, my back is a burning itching mess (nerve damage) from going up and down the ladder but you can already feel the difference between the two halves of the garage.
    20191120_182422.jpg 20191120_183008.jpg

UNSHINED 2 and Lil32 like this.
  28. [​IMG]

Started modifying some Ford hubs for Buick drums

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

29. hammer-time

hammer-time

Very nice!

30. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

replaced the anti-freeze in my latest addition. ready for winter I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.