Register now to get rid of these ads!

First time poster, long time reader

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by edsel1, Nov 19, 2019.

1. edsel1

edsel1

Hello, my name is Matt and I'm glad to finally utilize y'all as the resource that you are! I'm a "young professional" & "millennial" but when it comes to many things, including cars I "identify" with prior generations. I developed a love of cars as a kid watching my Grandpa enjoy his 1940 Packard. When I was 12, my Grandpa and I paid $10 for 3 raffle tickets out of a Hemmings magazine and won this Edsel. He has since passed, but my memories of him are definitely tied to the car.

I have a 1959 Edsel Ranger (2 door hardtop) that is in "daily driver" status. Throughout high school & college our family would just help keep it running & it saw very little mileage & no improvements. The last couple of years I have become determined to improve the car steadily, (switched to radials, seat belts, power brake booster) and this summer, completed a rebuild of the original 292 "Y-Block" v8. I'm now driving it at least once a week which is great, but with that brings to my attention all of the remaining projects.

This is technically my second post. I erroneously posted my speedometer problem (in the "Antiquated" section before coming here.

wraymen likes this.
  2. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Colorado. Great story behind the Edsel and your grandpa. Post some pics of the two of you and the car if you have some.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Scope out the rules and offer help when you can. You'll get that help back X10.
    We love pictures. Avoid talk of radials, I personally like 'em but wont admit to having any- a dark secret!

4. Like an am/fm radial? I like the oldies! Get some sparkomatic speakers and ride! Love them edsel's, and the way you came by it is so cool. Can't wait to see it!