Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Are you ever asked to use your hotrod as a photo prop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by simplestone, Nov 18, 2019.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

We used mine in our music vid

2. Was this pre-Guns and Roses or did you pick up Slash when he left the group in the mid 90s?;)

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and nochop like this.
  3. Country Joe

Country Joe

My Father's 31 Desoto was used in a Halloween styled wedding.
    desoda.jpg

32SEDAN, exterminator, e1956v and 3 others like this.
  4. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Probably treats the vehicle better than some of the models, and better looking too.

5. car doctor

car doctor

Coker Tire used mine this past summer at the Hot Rod Reunion at Bowling Green, Kentucky.

e1956v, Stogy, DIYGUY and 1 other person like this.
  6. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

• Mine was used in a pre wedding shoot in the Kannapolis City park. Never did get any pics...………….

Stogy likes this.
  7. Yeah, it's been in all three of our kids weddings.

I was asked to do a graduation shoot for a gal who just walked up. I agreed to do it for nothing as long as they didn't sell the pictures.

I was chased down one time in Las Vegas, NM to be in a video shoot. They just needed it for drive by extras. They said it paid good, but I declined. I never did ask how much...

e1956v, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  8. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

When my youngest daughter was married she had an outdoor wedding, and requested she be dropped off at the aisle in my old A-Model. There were pictures, I'll have to try to find them.
    Now its not a Hot Rod per se, I prefer to call it a Custom.;)

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  9. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've done it three times. Once with a pin up model for a newspaper article that promoted the Vintage Torque Fest charity car show. The second was for my niece's high school graduation photo and the third was the same niece's engagement photos. I also used the car twice for when my two sons got married to drive them and their new brides away from the church in the rumble seat.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      207.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      113.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      59.3 KB
      Views:
  10. If you rent your car to a movie company insist only you can drive it and you want to be paid as an extra.

Charlie Stephens

Driver50x likes this.
  11. gsjohnny

gsjohnny

espn did a movie 'the Bronx is burning' based on the yankees and events of 1977. whole day spent at dodd stadium in Norwich ct. my 67 and 77 buicks are in it. we got fed real good. ate with the some of the stars. but they can have that of being a star. too much like work.
    paid $400 for all day. that money went in to our drag car which needed help after I crashed into the wall at the end of the 1/4.

SS327 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. trollst

trollst

13. 272.JPG Eastwood cover around 1992 . Also on Eastwood cover over in England .

Al Consoli, Driver50x, e1956v and 4 others like this.
  14. BaggedPlymouth

BaggedPlymouth
    from Troy, OH

When I purchased this car, the guy I got it from had a pin-up shoot done with it. If you look close enough you will see the car. l_cdc05f6b2c24e3ad3c93fafd4e3c575e_detail (1).jpg l_863ffadca2fde0fea240ef854a56034d_detail.jpg

Attached Files:

i.rant, Stogy, e1956v and 1 other person like this.
  15. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Well, not exactly a hot rod.. altered2.jpg

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Dayspring Greeting Cards, a subsidiary of Hallmark, used my Nomad in a shoot several years ago. The photographer took very good care of my car and paid me immediately. Here is one of the photos they used on their website.
    my nomad dayspring cards.jpg

Stogy, Montana1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

My car , bike and M35A2 . Have all ended up in advertisements and such as a surprise to me until I saw them. Years ago the 32 showed up with a strange pin up girl , photoshop at its best . I had one hell on a time explaining to my wife , if She , looked closely she could see herself sitting near the car . Man that was tough , I explained to her she never has a thing to worry about . I talk in my sleep , and I would tell on myself if I was doing something bad .

18. gene-koning

gene-koning

My 39 Dodge coupe was used in a wedding picture. They did give me a picture from the shoot. Gene

Stogy likes this.
  19. wicarnut

wicarnut

An old Story, my Roadster and others were staged around the stage as props for a Doo Wop band concert. Good Music, Fun time and a story to go with about a dumb ass broad, total disrespect for my car, had her fat ass on my cowl using windshield as a backrest. the radiator shell for her feet, had me on my rev limiter. Also Have some neat Pics that I can't get to now, at Hooters, Louisville NSRA 2001/ 02/or 03, all the girls hanging/posing on my car, with myself grinning big time, made the Hooters magazine, manager comped our meals/drinks to hang around for their photographer, anyone have access to this ? Car was not HAMB friendly, but the girls/women sure liked it. LOL.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  20. A brake shoe company shot one of my club member's 53 F-100s backed into my garage. They liked the look of my little 1 car garage with parts hanging on the walls, tool boxes lining the west wall etc.
    I made a little $$ on the deal and even saw the ad in a prominent magazine.
    They didn't want to shoot my F-100 because it was too low...wanted the original look pickup for their ad. It began to snow halfway through the shoot but they used the photos anyway. My wife was really amused about the whole thing......they even had their own model-some big farmer lookin guy with bibs on leaning against the truck.

21. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

A few years ago our high school boys' baseball team won the state tournament and the team used my '63 Chevy pickup for their team picture. I drove it out onto the baseball field between second and third base. Some of the team got in the bed, some in the cab and the rest were placed around it. Last week I got a call from a friend of mine who is "Santa' every year at Christmas and he wants to take some pictures in the t-bucket wearing his 'Santa suit'. Not sure when that will happen, but should be soon.

e1956v, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  22. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

23. Was asked for a back road moving shot of my Stude truck for an early 50's movie dilly about 20 yrs ago ? and they wanted my Cuda for a yet released Danny Glover movie about high school dating in the early 70's which was about 8 yrs ago.......has yet to be released......not a lot of money for the time wasted - so have been turning down the inquires since.........

Stogy likes this.
  24. butch27

butch27

Yes--used as a ad for Culver's hamburgers

25. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I can believe it. I used to do a yearly calendar for a couple of other sites I’m on, as a matter of fact, my avatar is a pic of my car I used one year. Last year, I had everything set up and uploaded it to the company I used to print it, and they deleted it. Sent me an email that in order to print pics of Ford vehicles, I had to join some kind of group and give Ford total rights to my calendar design! I told them to go screw themselves. Their story was that no matter who took or owned the pics, they were still Ford’s property since it was of their trademarked property. According to them, even if you took a pic in a public place of a Ford product, no matter the age, it was covered by their trademark. I told them they were full of shit and just lost a Loyal Ford customer.

What was funny, the other calendar was for a rat rod site. Even though a lot of them were A and T based, they never said a word about them. Now these weren’t art cars with saw blades and spider webs on them, these were well built but rusty unpainted cars that a lot would be home here. Guess since they didn’t see any emblems they didn’t know what they were.

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

27. upload_2019-11-18_22-59-39.jpeg
    Grad 2017...

Spooky, Stogy and DIYGUY like this.
  28. Don't forget to sign a modeling release or a contract that they only have permission to use the images of your car......(professional photographer for 36 years)

29. Lil32

Lil32

30. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was at a vintage plane air show a few years back, which aslo had a small car display, and the event photographer asked me if he coud take some pics of my car next to one of the vintage planes - my closest brush with stardom. :cool:
    [​IMG]IMG_0192a-4 by TagMan, on Flickr

edcodesign, 32SEDAN, e1956v and 6 others like this.