Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. 20191108_110917.jpg Long time stalker, first time member. Seems every question i Google, i find my answer from the HAMB, so here i am! Time to get this party started. My name is Lloyd Stone, I'm a career firefighter in central Ky, so on my 20 days off each month i run a body shop business. Mainly hot rod paint & fab work with some late model stuff sprinkled around. Starting in on a new project for myself, plan to be done for the reunion in bowling green 2020. It's a 1957 Chevy 150 wagon. Got a 69 model 350 with a 350th. Stock rear. We'll see where this goes. Gonna have some left over trim stuff if anybody needs it, and probably need a few things myself along the way. Enjoy

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  2. Deuces

Deuces

Looks cool so far...... Welcome aboard!....;)

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Thank ya man, glad to be here.

4. And thanks for being a first responder,tough job.

5. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Cool project...cool job...welcome!

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  6. Thanks guys i met 4 guys at beech bend a few years ago that was standing in the rain because they didn't have a canopy, i told em to get under mine. We were all chatting and i come to find out that they had all retired from Harley Davidson as engineers. One being a big deal with the screaming eagle division, and one being the vice president of engineering. We talked about all the cool stuff that they had got to experience in their life from bikes to drag racing, one was institutional in Vance and Hines qualifying for their first race when they switched to H-D, but when they found out i have worked my life as a fireman they was blown away and just kept saying what a cool job that must be i would have traded them in a heart beat! But I've enjoyed it.

1947knuck, loner2, Hombre and 4 others like this.
  7. RMONTY

RMONTY

Subscribed. Most anything Sedan Delivery has my attention! Post more pics!

Saxman and loudbang like this.
  8. I made a trip to Indiana to get the 57, which i plan to smooth out, panel paint, lace the top, white interior, etc... the fella i got the car from told me on the phone that it had an old 350 in it, and he had it running on a jug. Which was fine with me, but when he gave me the title he also gave me the receipt on the engine, apparently it's all new! Heck yeah! See? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then lol. I checked the numbers, sure enough, 69 model 350 no I'm not bragging, but you have to understand how many 305's there are around here that everybody calls a 350.

Attached Files:

9. Pulling it out of it's old home

Attached Files:

10. And it's new home

Attached Files:

Elcohaulic, 1947knuck, loner2 and 7 others like this.
  11. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome and looks like it will be a cool ride!

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  12. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

13. Thanks, i need some inspiration every now and again lol. I did this one earlier this year, but I'm gonna take the wagon further....

Attached Files:

14. ...

Attached Files:

15. ...

Attached Files:

1947knuck, loner2, catdad49 and 3 others like this.
  16. Oh it started as this....

Attached Files:

bonneville bones likes this.
  17. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

You know that when you post pictures you can select to post them as full size images instead of thumbnails and make the posts more enjoyable and easier for the people following your thread

Elcohaulic, Hombre and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. I did not know this? Let me try... 20191108_110917.jpg

19. I kinda like 150 wagons myself.

OLSKOOL57, scotty t and loudbang like this.
  20. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

So, is it a Handyman Wagon or a Sedan Delivery? IF there's a "D" in the VIN, then it's a Sedan Delivery; anything else makes it a "modified", 2 door, Handyman Wagon. Does it have a 2 piece tail-gate, or a one piece hatch? How about the seats? Factory type buckets or possibly rear passenger seats? A lot of different things were done to these cars over the years, some good, most bad. Personally, I do hope you have a Sedan Delivery. BUT, 150 Handyman Wagons are the only Tri-Fives I'd take over a Sedan Delivery, especially a 1956. But, that's just me. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

21. No it's actually a 150 handyman. I've owned 11 model A fords, and a host of other pre war hot rods, but this is my first tri 5, so I know little about them. 20191108_164439.jpg 20191108_160304.jpg 20191108_160304.jpg Somebody turned it into the sedan delivery, they've put 18g panels in place of the side glass. They did it in one piece, and they did a great job doing it though. It has the rear seat that folds flat, and a rear hatch/ tailgate setup.

ClarkH, 1947knuck, loner2 and 10 others like this.
  22. 57 sedan deliveries are one of my favorites. What you have is close enough. This will be a real neat car.

OLSKOOL57, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  23. Thanks brother. I'm ready to get started on it. Gotta order the disc brake kit and booster/ master cylinder. Need to find a brake pedal box assy for it.

24. I’ve got one. If you can’t find one local I’ll ship it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    OLSKOOL57, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  25. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

congrats on the car! and welcome to the hamb! hope to see it at bowlingreen. you will get hooked on the tri 5s real quick. scotty has a nice 56, and i would like to see it out this year! ;)

OLSKOOL57 and loudbang like this.
  26. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Welcome...good luck on your project

loudbang likes this.
  27. Me too:rolleyes:

61Cruiser and loudbang like this.
  28. rbrewer likes this.
  29. Ain't anything local that I've been able to find. How much you want for yours?

1947knuck, loner2 and OLSKOOL57 like this.