Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville Roll Call - who's going to Speed Week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoungeLife, Jan 11, 2006.

1. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Me and the boys will be there...

Attached Files:

2. I will be there again, not sure what I will be driving. It is always fun, lots of great cars on the salt and on the street. This is hot rod Mecca. Every hot rodder should go and experience Bonneville.

3. 3bytheknee

3bytheknee
    from Sonora, CA

Two old farts from the west coast and another from TX will be there. Plan on bringing these two. Need to finish the roll cage and other salt/dry lake required equipment for the rpu some day soon.

Attached Files:

4. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

I'm going out again this year. driving the rig with the team 608 Lakester inside. We're building a AA Motor this year to try an break the 300 MPH barrier.

Plus after the Oct. Meet at Maxton, the 1986 E/STR roadster will be there also.

I get Goose bump just thinking about it. Damb Salt gets into your veins.

Attached Files:

5. DUAL 4S

DUAL 4S

.. Hey I am still thinking about it. IF I do I would like some HAMBers to make the trip with. And I would like to get there friday. For the car show at state line. And leave so I can get back for Dream Cruz. So I can be there to see that BAD ASS 57 take its frist trip down WOODWARD in GASSER trim. Do you think you can go 1 mile before you smoke um.DUMB ? Your DAD will be smiling. .............Oh the plate will go on.

6. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

I'm planning on it...

7. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Yes, we gonna be there with the modified and the race bike, so if you see a #42 modified, say hi and lets go for a ride.

8. mad-cad

mad-cad

Our gang of slackers will be going up,I'll be heading up there on thursday 10th to get thru tech early friday morning.Probably be sleeping in my old Greyhound bus at the bend in the road.Can't wait, getting excited about it already.Here's a picture of the Salt man or Salty for short.

Attached Files:

9. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

OK, now that it's getting a little closer, here's a little bttt.

As for the dates....

--------------------------------------------------------
    Bonneville Salt Flats Speedweek August 12-18, 2006
    Schedule of Events

Friday August 11, 2006
    9 am - 6pm - Tech Inspection, Pit Setup and registration

Saturday August 12, 2006
    7 am - Pits open
    8 am - Inspection and Registration
    10:30 am - Course Stewards meeting - Registration
    11:00 am - Driver/Crew meeting - starting line
    11:30 am - New driver orientation
    12:00 pm - Begin Racing
    5:00 pm - Starting Lines Close
    Dusk - Pits Close

Sunday August 13, 2006
    6 am - Pits Open
    7 am - Record Return runs on both courses begins - All Qualifing runs will begine immediatley after Record runs.
    5:00 pm - Starting lines close
    6:00 PM - Salt Talks Land Speed Racer Gathering at the "Bend in the Road" on the way to the salt. Everybody welcome.

Monday August 14, 2006
    6 am - Pits Open
    7 am - Record Return runs on both courses begins - All Qualifing runs will begine immediatley after Record runs.

Tuesday August 15, 2006
    6 am - Pits Open

Wednesday August 16, 2006
    6 am - Pits Open

Thursday August 17, 2006
    6 am - Pits Open

Friday August 18, 2006
    On this , Or the last day of Racing, Record return runs will be in the evening.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Hope to see ya there

10. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I'll be there for sure but as usual will probably be in the "work" truck. :D

Can't wait.

11. Leeroy

Leeroy
    from Boerne, TX

I can't wait for Speedweek '06. Last year was my first year at Bonneville... it changed my life forever. I think Bonneville is what heaven would look like if I make it there.

***Also- If any of you guys need an extra hand in the pits... I'm a free lance HAMB pit member for hire (just kidding, not really for hire, no money of course, it's all for the love of Speedweek).

12. Ol' Ron

Ol' Ron

Me too, hope I don't have to walk much, bad hips.

13. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Naturally I'll be there. Now it'll only be a 275 mile drive since I'm moving to Utah as we speak. Wayno

14. derelict

derelict

I'll be there after a pit stop in Austin NV.

15. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I have been working on the #974. Hooley picked it up on Thursday to do some stuff while I finish up some parts I am making. We think we are about ready to go. I hope everyone stops by our pit and says hello. Oh yeah, buy a T shirt and help us raise enough gas money to get home.

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html

16. mad-cad

mad-cad

Look for the bright red greyhound bus at the bend in the road,and in the pits look for car #622 with a bunch of funnytalkers hangin out around it.:D

Attached Files:

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I'll be there as usual

Hope the fishing is better this year.

[​IMG]

B:rolleyes:B

18. 1FATGMC

1FATGMC
    from SE Utah

[​IMG]

I'll be there with WZJUNK pushing Hooley's Stude (974) around with 1FATGMC. Bob K. I'll stop by for your fish fry Sat. night:p . You going to come by Blanding?

[​IMG]

For the rest of you guys there is usually a group that comes by my place in SE Utah Tuesday night. We go out somewhere nearby sightseeing and usually hike to some 1000 year old Anasazi ruins (if you can see the ruin in the picture you are eligible for the hike) on Wed.. Then we make the 440 mile drive to the salt on Thursday (stopping at Bo Huff's usually). Friday we setup the pits and go through inspection and race on Sat. If any of you want to do this with us you are welcome, just PM or e-mail me for more details.

Like John said be sure and stop and say hi,

Sum

19. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I made my reservations today at the KOA for camping in Wendover. This will be my first Speedweek and I can't wait! :D

Mike

20. Hooley

Hooley

I'm going with WZJunk. Hooley

21. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Hey Sum. Which way are you going to Bo's? Wayno

22. Leon

Leon

we're in for sure. Wanted to take the 54 but I started tearing it apart this weekend.

23. 1FATGMC

1FATGMC
    from SE Utah

There is only one road (well I lied there is a second less known way) to his place. We will go from Blanding to Moab, then Green River and up 191/6 towards Price. SE of price you make the right and up about 10 miles or so to E. Carbon/Sunnyside where his two shops are. If you are over on I15 then north to I70 east to 10. North to Price and then SE on 191/6 to 123 and 123 to his place (or go further east on I70 to 191/6 and then north). If we stop we usually go to Moab for breakfast and then to his place getting in there around 10-11. Look at his stuff and sometimes eat lunch there and then on to the salt and get there late afternoon (Thursday). Last year that truck blew up in Spanish Fork canyoun and 6 was closed, so we didn't go. Took the long way around over I70 then north.

Where in Utah are you moving? I want to think over by St. George?? It is really a nice ride from that area to Blanding (a day) either by Page or through Capital Reef. Are you thinking about coming over :) ? Do it if you can.

On a side note if you are going to the salt from SW Utah and want a nice way to go and advoid SLC go north on I15 to about 5-8 miles north of Nephi. There go NW on a highway that intersects 6 west of Santaquin. Take 6 west to 36. 36 north to 199 that goes a couple miles over to the small town of Rush Valley (look for Rush Valley sign). Just as you come into Rush Valley there is paved road north (no number). Take it north to you get to the west end of Grantsville. At the "T" go left out to the I80 and west to Wendover. I'm sure they filmed some of the World's Fastest Indian along this route. I really like it and there is no traffic. Also only one gas station from Eureka on 6 to Wendover and it is on I80 by Delle, so gas up at Eureka for sure ;) .

c ya, Sum

24. Scrap Fe

Scrap Fe

Looks like you caught a Leinys. Didn't know they had them in Utah.

25. Cshabang

Cshabang

Rolling Bones will def. be there....

26. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

looks like after 57 yrs i finally get to go and to be able to help on hooleys car is a dream come true, as lil mike would say , hell yea......see ya there :cool:

27. Kinda sucks that I will be out there July 10th till 16th at ALMS race SLC. May not be any time to play, but how far is Bo-Huffs shop from SLC?? Any info would be much appreciated.
    JT

28. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

def (dĕf) [​IMG]
    adj. Slang., def·fer, def·fest.
    Excellent; first-rate.

Yeah, I quess you're right. Regards, Ron

29. 1FATGMC

1FATGMC
    from SE Utah

About 2 hours south. Take I15 south to Spanish Fork, then 6 to Price and beyond. After you go past Wellington about 10 miles the road you want heads east off of 6 to East Carbon/Sunnyside. His main (non-body work) shop is on the right as you come into town in what use to be a Mercantile Building. You can't miss it. His body shop is in a garage another mile up the road or so on the left. If you miss it you probably didn't make it this far.

He could be up at the salt some of those days though.

c ya, Sum

30. Mel

Mel

Yay for the Laramie crowd! :cool:

I'll see you guys there... I'm planning to camp again. With any luck, in the '59 as promised.