Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Who makes floors for 1934 Ford Fordors?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stevemo, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Stevemo

Stevemo
    from Ontario

I am looking for a full floor and inner rockers from front to back on a Hupmobile 417W. This is essentially a 1934 Ford Fordor with a different rump. Does anybody make full floors for the Fordor?

I have some videos of the Hupmobile here plus some videos on metal working tools:

Cheers, Steve

2. rusty valley

rusty valley

33 and 34 floors are all the same no matter what body is used. not sure who makes the best new one, as i've never bought one

Dave Mc likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

I'd bet the frame is a Hupmobile frame and the floor might be totally different to match. You might want to find a real 34 Ford and compare before you buy parts that won't work for you.

I've recently seen some nice looking 34 Ford subrail and floor assemblies on Instagram somewhere. Can't remember who the guys were that made them, but I think they were in the east somewhere. If you find your Hup uses Ford undersides, maybe I could find those floors again.

4. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

Floor is same as ford there is spacers between the hup chassis and body

5. A couple of suggestions:
    Tom Bay. RJ interprises in Arkansas Kansas.
    Steve McPherson, McPherson Auto Sales, in McPherson Kansas

Paul Bradley. USED TO. Slooooooow. Might find some in a dealer's stock.

6. Try Jesse at Old Soul Hot Rods in Leroy, N.Y.

IronFord and 29EHV8 like this.
  7. alchemy

alchemy

The Old Soul one is the recent place. Their product looks good in photos.

IronFord likes this.
  8. Jesse has built up a good reputation as a hot rod builder.

29EHV8 likes this.
  9. Howells has one on the gaybay.

10. goldmountain

goldmountain

Can't really be of help here but here is a picture of a '34 Hup I took this summer at Deuce Days. IMG_1315 - Copy.JPG

Dave Mc and ABONES like this.
  11. Stevemo

Stevemo
    from Ontario

Thank you for all of the replies, I am going to do a bit of research and let you know which route I go.

12. Stevemo

Stevemo
    from Ontario

I see that some floors are flat and seem to bend along the frame rails up over the rear axle. Others have the step for the rear seat and also have the tunnel for the driveshaft. Assuming I was dealing with a Ford frame, would these floors both fit the same car? I have a Fordor so I need the step in the back for the seat to work, just trying to understand what I'm seeing.

13. Stevemo

Stevemo
    from Ontario

I've not had any luck finding Steve McPherson, McPherson Auto Sales, in McPherson Kansas. Does he live in the McPherson Building on McPherson Street? :D Sorry, not to joke, but Google didn't give me any good hits on his name.

14. Jesse and gang at Old Soul are making a very nice peoduct with great yurn around time too. Give him a call andbhe will help you out!

-Shiny

IronFord likes this.