Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1936 Chevy Truck Headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SMH, Nov 14, 2019.

1. SMH

SMH

Anyone have pics of there headers on 36? Trying to figure what my options are.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. SMH

SMH

I’ve tried three sets and none fit. Two were dragster headers not sure what the others were. Thinking the 55-57 fenderwell headers may work. Any pics of headers on yours is appreciated.

3. As far as I know these were generic full length headers from the 80's. They are the smaller primaries, I think 1 7/8 or 1 3/4. I can't recall at the moment. They are 3" collectors. This is using a speedway front motor mount with it setting on top the frame rails.
    I also have some hooker super comp 55-7 fenderwell headers, have not had a chance to see if they fit.

Attached Files:

4. block huggers are an option....gotta plumb your way from there though....could go to side pipes outside of frame rails under the doors exiting exhaust in front of rear tires

Frankie47 likes this.

5. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Think I have a build your own lake header kit with big block flanges in my garage.....

6. SMH

SMH

Outside the frame is what I want and put baffle in the end

7. outside frame is doable.....nice body....36 low cabs actually looked chopped from the factory.....is yours chopped or factory original...hard for my old eyes to tell.. thanks.

8. 38mag

38mag

My '36

Attached Files:

9. krbstr

krbstr

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Just some pics I grabbed from the web. The lakes style headers look good on hood less old hot rod trucks. Kind of pricey for a BBC but a build your own kit ain’t bad.

Cool truck btw my buddy sent me some pics of it at a show in needville this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.