Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1930 roadster...thoughts???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nos1partstore, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Squablow

Squablow

That steering is horrific, and those hairpin mounts look pretty noodle-y too. Also, the seating position looks really cramped.

That said, it does have a lot on it that's good, and I disagree that you're going to be able to buy a near-show-quality build for that price. However, based on having to redo all of the steering and pretty much the whole front suspension, it does seem high priced. But not so high that it wouldn't be worth it if you were able to negotiate down a whole bunch.

At $13K-$14K, you could add your Deuce grille, swap in good steering and front end components, clean up some interior issues and doublecheck the rear suspension/other minor stuff and have a pretty nice car for not an insane price. But if you had to pay full price, then tack those expenses on top, I don't think I'd do it.

Bugguts, warbird1 and Stogy like this.
  2. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

that is an awesome observation, thank you...very good point

The37Kid and Stogy like this.
  3. Have you been watching the prices on Older restorations coming up that run and drive? In the last two years I've seen several Roadsters and very nice ones under 10K. They aren't all priced like that but they are out there. A nice Stocker with a sell off Banger and a little of the other unnecessary stuff will get you into a V-8 with very little out of pocket and your not trying to salvage some Bone Heads botch job. Generally you get paint and upholstery you can live with and I don't even see that in this one.

4. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

You can buy a new Brookville, frame engine, title and come in under that and build it right. Overall it has a unique look, but as mentioned, it will require some time and money to make it the way you want it. I don't like whenever people shoot down someone else's dreams but I think there's a lot of good advice in here. Ultimately it depends on what you want, are willing to spend and the amount of time you want to put into it.

I get it, when something like this comes up for sale locally, for some strange reason you feel like you just HAVE to buy it.....haha

The37Kid and Pist-n-Broke like this.
  5. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

and that is the thing too, i am not local to be able to see it....i have to have it shipped to me in alaska....adding another $3,200 to the sticker price. Probably best to pass on this one and focus my efforts finishing my coupe build

Attached Files:

The37Kid, Dedsoto, jim snow and 2 others like this.
  6. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

The coupe is righteous! You'll be approaching $23k and that's without knowing what is under that paint....Take your ADHD meds and stay focused!

7. < knock > <knock >

Pssssstt !!!

Roadsters are in the HAMB classifieds. Practically scratch and sniff certified.

Go now, 'cuz the cat's out of the bag ... don't lose out !

8. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

lol...good point

brEad likes this.
  9. Amen to this^^^ right here.

Stogy likes this.
  10. jim snow

jim snow

Upon further review. Pass. Snowman

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

That Coupe looks like it will turn out just fine, spent the $17,500 on it. Bob

Chopp'd49 likes this.