Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Clutch Setup - 4 speed conversion on 57 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TimCT, Jul 15, 2019.

1. TimCT

TimCT

Interesting, thanks @Johnny Gee , maybe I'll grab one of those pivot balls, if thats the setup you're running trouble free.

2. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Member what I said .........

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

4. TimCT

TimCT

Just want to have a backup. If experience has taught me anything, its that nothing at all is going to go how I think it will.

5. TimCT

TimCT

Just wanted to close this one up - clutch fork works fine, even seems to be adjusted right. Done a lot of work the past few months, and got the fresh engine fired up on Sunday, and after we ran it, I had a chance to test the clutch out on the street, got it into second gear!

Thanks to everyone who helped with great advice and encouragement, it was a good day!

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Very good! Now, does anyone know what happened to the "college kid", that had a 57, 4 door sedan, 57 Chevrolet, and a lot of the members here were trying to help him through his multiple problems? I'm guessing he finally just gave up. Anyone know? I even offered to give him an Edelbrock Performer intake with a Quadrajet, just for the cost of shipping; guess he could't trust that someone was making such an offer. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

wvenfield likes this.
  7. TimCT

TimCT

I checked in on that thread every now and then, you're right. Haven't seen any updates in a while. Gave up on the 235 and put a V8 in it, right?

8. Fordors

Fordors

“College kid”? The guy is a retired college administrator with a pretty cool bunch of cars. Maybe he is not as mechanically astute as some of us but that’s no reason to put him down.

Old-Soul likes this.
  9. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^No, this is a young guy who was getting a lot of help from the member ship here^^^^. Seems the last problem he was having was getting the distributor set in correctly. I forget his handle; just thought someone would remember something. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

10. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^Seems his handle was RagginPineapple^^^^, and was a college student. LOTS of members here tried helping him out; I think he really needed someone that could "hands-on" help him. And, I WAS IN NO WAY PUTTING HIM DOWN; I even sent him parts at N/C. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chevy57dude likes this.
  11. Fordors

Fordors

OK Butch, but your offer of the manifold and Q-jet was to a much older guy. I’m glad you cleared that up, thx.

12. Butch is right, Pineapple was a young guy. He's careful and cautious, never gave his real name. Even when I sent him something. Good guy, hope he gets back into the car.

13. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

I regularly search and read the forum like a service manual. So much good tech advice and reference material. I don't think I can possibly thank these guys enough for their extensive experience and knowledge.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Fordors

Fordors

This was the offer I remember, it was to @vetteson, a retired guy.

15. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Actually, I've offer the manifold and carb to several guys; they just did't want to pay the shipping. To Raggin, I offered to ship it too. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.