Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mostly played on the Puter. Watched a crappy weather day turn progressively worse. It got colder the rain turned into sleety snow. I fed the wood stove and the livestock. Played with the grandsons. And ate the food my wife cooked. Supposed to get bitter cold tonite! I will have to get up around 2AM and go out and feed the stove again. Winter sucks. and winter don't officially start until Dec 21

Truckdoctor Andy and Lil32 like this.
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

It's that global warming they been talking about. :D

Old wolf, Tooth and Boneyard51 like this.
  3. ted kovacs

ted kovacs

I finished putting together this small block Chevy. Nothing special just for a late model shop truck. IMG_6761.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife says that I do this on purpose. Who wants to argue with her?

LAROKE and Lil32 like this.
  5. Local car that's untouched from back in the day
    FB_IMG_1573528830622.jpg FB_IMG_1573528837146.jpg

6. I waited to long to Sta-Bil my summer engines and dig the snowblower out against the wall this year, snowing today, more overnight, plows going down the road as I type.
    Got everything circulating the red juice except the Willys gocart, couldn't get it started, snow filling up the seats of the bucket during the 5 minute run in...ha ha
    20191111_154416.jpg 20191111_154505.jpg 20191111_161416.jpg

7. chryslerfan55 and swade41 like this.
  8. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Came home after work and worked on the tri power for the 390 caddy , gave my bud larry a tutorial on how to file fit the rings on his DZ 302 he's owned since 1975 , He got of to a slow start but after the 3rd ring he had a handle on it. Good day in my book.:D

chryslerfan55, swade41 and Lil32 like this.
  9. Took the LH door lock cylinder apart for the '50. The pins were seized in the cylinder and the cylinder was seized in the housing. After getting it all apart and cleaning things up I put it all back together and can now lock the door with the key. Now, to rewire the car. :) Probably take more than an afternoon. ;)

chryslerfan55, osage orange and Lil32 like this.
  10. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finished a cart for the '33 for when the body comes off. Happened to have a partial pair of rails which made life a bit easier. (and tidied up the shop too...)!

IMG_6722.jpg

11. ..took a drive and snap'd some old barn & building pics;..the block building built in 1937 is in my small town;..this was the first time I've ever been inside of it,...the walk-in door was open;..it'd make a real neat shop.
    47 drive 11-22-17 005.jpg 47 drive 11-22-17 010.jpg barns, bldgs 001.jpg barns, bldgs 002.jpg barns, bldgs 009.jpg barns, bldgs 007.jpg barns, bldgs 011.jpg barns, bldgs 020.jpg barns, bldgs 039.jpg barns, bldgs 030.jpg barns, bldgs 031.jpg barns, bldgs 034.jpg barns, bldgs 033.jpg

12. impala4speed

impala4speed

Those are great pics. Love that block building. Reminds me of my grandparents neighbor's building in central PA. He drove truck in that little coal mining community and worked on his trucks in that building.
    Yeah, it would make an awesome shop.

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and LAROKE like this.
  13. 62rebel

62rebel

Straightened up some of the trim pieces I brought home Saturday, tried to get the driver's rear quarter smoothed out some. Took some dents out of the taillight rings and entertained a truck driver who stopped to get a look at the car. Replaced the junk wiper arms with factory Ford parts.

14. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cleaned up from the last meet at El Mirage. Truck, trailer, fire suit, parachute, & race car. Drained the water & fuel and up on jack stands. Different rear tires next year may help traction. Body will be coming off for fire bottle inspection which ran out this year....Seems like no rest for the old worn out guy.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Lost 3 hours of my life at the DMV, but I did get plates for the new daily driver. First car from this century. Bob

Lil32 likes this.
  16. Always liked that car , good to see it in such nice condition . BigO

chryslerfan55 and Hamtown Al like this.
  17. Went to the Dr. and found out a lot of my cancer spots in my lungs were gone and the others are much smaller. :D

krbstr, Fordors, Turnipseed and 21 others like this.
  18. Pretty much the same as yesterday. just fed animals and wood stove. dusting of snow. Bitter cold low 20s and wind chill of 5 degrees. kept it about 80 degrees in the house. the grandsons shed most of their clothes.

chryslerfan55 and osage orange like this.
  19. Block buildings are easier to heat and cool. We have a 1600 sq ft block store building. well insulated celing. and even without any heat it never gets to freezing in there. I keep a jar of water in there been there for decades and never froze. We are planning to convert it into a house.

chryslerfan55 and LowKat like this.
  20. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

It’s only 10° outside so I drove the ‘32 to the local grain elevator to get a weight for my scheduled inspection on Thursday. It weighs 2380#.

SPark

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and swade41 like this.
  21. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

I for one would take a stick built building over a concrete block one all day long.

The37Kid likes this.
  22. My garage is block with a brick outside, concrete floors, 15 ft ceiling, original thick 12 ft wooden doors and it's a bastard to keep warm, plus a pain in the ass to hang anything on the walls, can't just drive a nail in that block.

23. Lil32

Lil32

24. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Drilled my axle. One more job done.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  25. 62rebel

62rebel

Found out that my local locksmith closed up. Spent the morning trying to find one that will do old car locks. Keeping my fingers crossed

BigO likes this.
  26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Good to hear

BigO likes this.
  27. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Drove yesterday many miles to look at two cars....advertised......few pics.......finally got more pics and more info 2/3s the way there.......oh well ...let’s go look any way.......I guess I’ll never learn.......but it was a good road trip with my friend! Always fun to look for things in the Ozark! It’s too cold to do anything here anyway, now!

Bones

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  28. 62rebel

62rebel

Apparently there are no brick and mortar locksmiths left in the area. Every one has gone to mobile service. I don't need a service call...... I need to drop off a couple of locks to get keys cut. Grrrrrrrrr

29. My stick built added on to House trailer Is hard to heat. I burn 15 to twenty rick of firewood every winter. and its termite riddled. They have even ate the Masonite siding. Its not a fixer upper. Its a tearer downer. The vorachious termites that they have in New Orleans and the gulf coast have invaded this region. They eat everything. My eldest son was the Part Super at Toltec Mounds State park. And even though they had that Name brand termite co. regularly spray the visitors center ever since it was new. It became infested. They even ate the paper on the sheet rock (drywall) It has been record cold the last few days. and Its comfortable over in the block store building only 50 feet away. without any heat at all. Our ground here and any weel water or caves stay at 60 degrees year round. I thing the concrete slab floor radiates the earths heat into our building. That floor is very old and was poured directly on the bare red clay. and had a 4 inch cap poured during a remodel.

30. Ive saved door locks ignition switches and keys for decades. Most times I can hunt through my key hoard and find a key that works.

chryslerfan55 and Hamtown Al like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.