Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Seattle's Slick '36

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Seattle's Slick '36

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. john walker

john walker

Cool. I worked at the Bills Auto Parts store at Greenlake in the early 70s as a machinist. Pretty much owe Dell and Joe for a great kick start for my career.

lothiandon1940 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  3. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

Beautiful car and a nice write-up too! About this same time period my best friend's older brother had a very similar looking car (a coupe), this was in the high desert of Cali, I always thought that was the coolest car ever.

41 GMC K-18 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. I've been collecting 'greens' to get an idea of paint tones for the eventual point when my phaeton is ready for paint.
    I was curious what Cypress Green looked like... see it below. I bet this 36 looked really sharp in colour! 33720000143_large.jpg

BigO and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. has all the Kustom tricks I would love to do with 36 3 window..
    wonder if that car still around ? love it

BigO likes this.
  6. Im looking for some old green colors for my '47 Ford, thanks for the paint chip sheet. BigO

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I've always wanted to write an in depth article about the Bill Grader Roadster. I know where the grill is, but not the car itself. I think it was turned into a street rod and lost in the shuffle if I remember right.

bill7.jpg bill8.jpg bill9.jpg

8. F-head

F-head

Cool car, great write up
    Sure looked better with the Desoto bumpers than with the 49 Plymouth bumpers

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man that’s one great lookn’ 36! For some reason the guy on the right in the black and white pic, looks like Charlie Watts; to me.

10. I think 36 fords are one the best looking cars ever. They make great kustoms but I must be the only one who doesn’t like that Lasalle(?) grill. The stock grill is perfect as is.

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    That’s actually a 36 grill that’s been altered. I agree though, it’s very tough to beat the looks of a stock 36 grill.

Okie Pete and scotty t like this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One that I was never lucky enough to see in person. It looks like it might have been a driver rather than a show car by the time I started going to the indoor shows in Seattle and Tacoma.

13. alchemy

alchemy

What's the single rib rear bumper used in the last pic? I don't think I've ever seen one like that. Has a 41 Ford look, but is taller and curvier.

14. john walker

john walker

Pretty close to '56 ford rear. Straightened out and reshaped a bit. Bumper shops could do it easily. Or use two of them, weld the straight parts together cut to length and add the ends.

Okie Pete and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. alchemy

alchemy

Yeah, I really doubt that pic is of a '56 bumper that been extensively reworked.

16. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful car . Thank you for the write up .