Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods GMS Hot Rods in NZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greg Stokes, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just been to the Street Rod Nats in Louisville - was good to go for the first time and meet many people who follow GMS Hot Rods or have bought a shirt

Great to also visit Pete & Jakes who I’m an NZ dealer for

IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_5594.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Back to work now...

IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5153.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

32SEDAN, Lil32, stillrunners and 2 others like this.
  3. We are delighted to have a new shirt design thanks to John Sticha and his father LJ from 32percenter.com. This new design honours the all new and under construction Brookville bodied full fendered GMS roadster. Prices are in USD - men’s T shirts or ladies v-neck $20 each (NZD$30) - men’s or ladies long sleeve shirts $35 each (NZD$45) and unisex zip up hoodies are $50 each (NZD$65). Note these are all in US dollars - please PM me for PayPal and shipping info. These are printed on high quality Gildan apparel and we are taking pre orders now for pre Christmas delivery.

GMS_Fendered-Roadster_T_NZ.jpeg IMG_7745.JPG

32SEDAN, Lil32, kidcampbell71 and 2 others like this.
  4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Really like the new roadster your building. Has a Steadfast Engineering Vibe. Do you have 3X shirts and what does shipping usually run to the US?

Lil32 and Greg Stokes like this.
  5. Thanks

Yes we are taking prepaid orders with shipping early Dec. So any quantities of any sizes can be added.

Shipping would be $15

Pm for PayPal info and your shipping address.

6. IMG_7877.JPG

Been doing some maintenance on this 5w originally owned by Dan Sobieski of Poor Boys Hot Rods

IMG_7896.JPG

Another 5w in for suspension work and compliance work

IMG_7821.JPG

Model T thirties era roadster.... body to come

Adjustments.JPG
    NZ agent for Brookville Roadster, Sid Chavers and also Pete and Jakes now...

7. Rckt98

Rckt98

Couple of nice looking coupes there Greg.

Greg Stokes likes this.
  8. Hi Russell,
    Yes both are good cars in their own right.
    Good to work on
    Thanks Greg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Special thanks to the North Island Model A Club for visiting tonight. We had a great time showing you all what was happening at GMS Hot Rods and enjoyed the social BBQ as well.

IMG_8121.JPG

IMG_8131.JPG

IMG_8133.JPG

IMG_8135.JPG

IMG_8134.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

[​IMG]

10. After 9 months got the 57 Corvette 283 into my yellow roadster and fitted the SW tach I’ve had for about 10 years

IMG_8275.JPG

59720345551__167A2EDB-0F46-489F-8E35-4C4AD6F56A57.JPG

IMG_8464.JPG

Yesterday was the first time the GMS roadsters got to hangout together.

IMG_8504.JPG

IMG_8507.JPG IMG_8501.JPG

32SEDAN, Lil32, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  11. partssaloon

partssaloon

Now get it down here!

Attached Files:

Lil32, kidcampbell71 and Greg Stokes like this.
  12. We had the shop Christmas party on the weekend.

Merry Christmas to you all

IMG_8674.JPG

IMG_8672.JPG

IMG_8673.JPG

IMG_8677.JPG

IMG_8681.JPG

IMG_8700.JPG

IMG_8712.JPG

32SEDAN, Desoto291Hemi, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  13. Good deal.

loudbang and Greg Stokes like this.
  14. Merry Christmas to all our clients, suppliers, Facebook & Instagram and H.A.M.B. followers and all those you support and believe in what we are doing at GMS Hot Rods. The second year has been exciting, rewarding and productive. We are still flat out and leading in to an equally exciting and enjoyable 2020. We wish you all a very safe and fun festive season and thank you again for your business and your support. Merry Christmas and best wishes from Greg, Tania and Luna

IMG_8755.JPG

IMG_8758.JPG

IMG_8754.JPG

15. Rckt98

Rckt98

Merry Christmas Greg. I am loving the new roadster.

loudbang and Greg Stokes like this.
  16. Thank you Russell - Merry Christmas to you and the family

loudbang likes this.
  17. Wishing you all a Happy New Year for 2020. Thank you all for the continued support throughout 2019. Special thanks to our clients entrusting GMS Hot Rods to bring your dreams to reality in the form of a neat hot rod or cool custom car. Many thanks to those who like what we do, follow us and support us. Thanks must also go out to our suppliers Pete & Jakes, Brookville, Sid Chavers, Re-Tire and Ingelese. We look forward to doing it all again in 2020 - it’s been quite a ride so far so we thank you all and look forward to working with you all and also seeing you at any of the many events this summer. Happy hot rodding, Greg, Tania & Luna

IMG_8865.JPG IMG_8748.JPG IMG_8945.JPG IMG_8950.JPG

18. Wow....nice party with some really nice rods.....all the best in the New Year to youse guys !

Greg Stokes and loudbang like this.
  19. loudbang

loudbang

CCF23092019_01.jpg

20. First job done for 2020 - this coupe was imported into New Zealand maybe 10 years ago but never put on the road.

New Zealand has regulations for modified vehicles to be inspected and I have just worked thru the issues and this car is ready for final inspection.

IMG_8980.JPG

21. Second job out the door for 2020. This T-bucket came to GMS Hot Rods a while back as a half started project which lacked stance or style. The owner's consulted with Greg at GMS Hot Rods who offered a suggestion of following the stance and theme of USA based buckets of the late sixties. With that plan in motion 12" was cut off the front of the chassis, the body was moved around to suit the placement of the 16x10 ET wheels. "Once the look was mocked up it was a case of filling the gaps", says Greg. Chassis work consisted of repositioning the engine and front suspension, redoing the centre crossmembers to carefully use all the limited space a small T-bucket has to offer and steel the body out for seatbelts and seating position and so on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and Rich B. like this.
  22. See my Thirties era T roadster thread for more on this....

[​IMG]

32SEDAN, chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  23. Rckt98

Rckt98

It has been a long time since I saw a T bucket being built. These were very much the entry point for alot of hot Rodders back in the day. Great fun.

Greg Stokes likes this.
  24. Knocked out this 32 frame for a 3w....

IMG_9146.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

25. Sunday was body on for the 3w

IMG_9158.JPG

IMG_9157.JPG

IMG_9159.JPG

32SEDAN and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. GNRS bound - please see Tania or me at the show for GMS apparel.

We are delighted to have a new shirt design thanks to John Sticha and his father LJ from 32percenter.com. This new design honours the all new and under construction Brookville bodied full fendered GMS roadster. Prices are in USD - men’s T shirts or ladies v-neck $20 each (NZD$30) - men’s or ladies long sleeve shirts $35 each (NZD$45) and unisex zip up hoodies are $50 each (NZD$65). Note these are all in US dollars - please PM me for PayPal and shipping info.

IMG_9226.JPG

27. Well, it’s that time of the year again. For the second year I have been asked to join the team who judges the AMBR - America’s Most Beautiful Roadster award at the GNRS - Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona California this weekend. It’s a truly humbling honour for me and GMS Hot Rods. This is a fantastic show. Judging starts tomorrow.

Also Martin Bennett has the Uncertain-T car from New Zealand too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32SEDAN and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. Back home from the GNRS I was involved in a small explosion back home which has burnt my leg and arm so I need to move some parts and apparel

IMG_0468.JPG

Gonna be laid up for a few weeks I think

IMG_9935.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.