Register now to get rid of these ads!

Supercharging a model B (4)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tpotts, Jun 25, 2006.

1. tpotts

tpotts
    from clemson,sc

Getting ready to build a model B (4) with a Ardun head. Anyone with information on supercharging (5 to 7 lbs) a model B, or sugestions for sources of such information. For example should I be overly worried about the strength of bottom end?? Thanks for your time and consideration. Tom

2. HoB

HoB
    from Sweden

3. 47bob

47bob

I didn't know Ardun made a head for a fourbanger; tell me more and post pics.

4. tpotts

tpotts
    from clemson,sc

See flatheads forever, h&h antique ford, It is a billet, comes complete for around $3500. They make them on order, currently it takes several months. If it works as well as it looks I will be really happy. A ardun for a flathead v8 sells for over 13k new today, so I thought this was a good price for one head. I am hoping for 170+hp. But don't know if possible. What the hell life is but a challenge, but some are more fun than others. Help is always appreciated.

You don't always get what you want, but if you try hard sometimes you just might find you get what you need.

Attached Files:

5. tpotts

tpotts
    from clemson,sc

Second Image:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

Yep, I think so. Everything I have always read ...and people I have spoke with tell me that Hemi chamber design like high(er) RPM (ie: Tuner Cars, etc.). An A/B bottom end can take alot of compression but I ain't so sure they are gonna want much 4K-5K "spinnin' on the reciprocatin' stuff".:eek: Maybe a Hercules 5-main crank installed will do the trick, or maybe a Model D block will help you gain the performance that Norm Frick has engineered into that head. Just my thoughts ...your mileage may vary!!