Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1955-57 Thunderbird Clutch Linkage (Anybody Have A Picture?)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scotch Buzzard King, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Long story short, I bought a 55 Bird earlier this year. Amongst the parts was a pristine top loader Ford 4 speed and a very early, complete Hurst shifter. Hiding in the dirt was an early single pedal firewall brake pedal. After assembling everything that came with this car, I realized that someone in the past had started a manual transmission conversion for this factory automatic car and never finished.

It has taken me about six months to find the factory correct clutch pedal and linkages for a 1955-57 T-Bird, but I've finally found most of the parts. What I am having the damnedest time finding is a picture of this set up on an actual car. I have a few questions concerning the placement of a few things, and I know just by looking at a picture of a complete, working equalizer bar that all of my questions will be answered.

So does anyone have a picture?

2. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Attached Files:

3. Miker has it.

The pedal hanger bracket 4001508 is a MUST for installation of a standard shift pedal assembly.

I got all those parts if you need anything.

Oldmics

4. That's helpful. I sent you a message about those parts, Oldmics.

5. Well the original bracket fell through, but I came up with a solution. I was able to modify the automatic brake pedal assembly with a buffet of old Ford parts. I believe it's going to work:

Attached Files:

6. It's basically my rough draft, but it functions just like it should. I'll clean up what I don't like and get it all nice and polished.