Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Weekend crowd. Please ID this Logo.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34 GAZ, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Monday to Friday crowd also welcome :D. Two big old heavy-duty N.O.S. mudflaps. To big for shity little European cars of the 40s, 50s or 60s. I can,t come up with a positive ID. Both logo point in the same direction. Not symetrical L&R. I did find a 1954 Oldsmobile hood ornament for reference but thats it. Or is it just plain old art-form ?
    MUDFLAPS.JPG 1954 Oldsmobile.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  2. I'm voting for the just plain ol' art form.

3. Maybe some sort of after-market product. Could have been easier for production purposes to just add the logo in the same direction as the flaps were being mass-produced, i.e. coming down a belt and under a printer (paint press of sorts).

4. junkers72

junkers72

It reminds me of the starship enterprise. Maybe from Dr. Spocks Galactic Custom

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

ct1932ford likes this.

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I personally dont like mudflaps and take any add on, ones off anything I get if possible, I however had the need to add some small subtle black ones to the front of my truck a while back to help keep the sides of my truck clean from the spray off the bigger tires on it. I think thats the first vehicle in my life I ever "added" flaps to:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love Art and its relation to this Hotrod/Custom Scene we enjoy here and the Graphic certainly helps period it...and it does reflect the Jet Age that was dominant in the Early to late 50s...

There's a couple of threads on Cal Custom and JCWitney maybe they can be found within those pages

7. My thoughts also! Take me down Scotty.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 and junkers72 like this.