Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1932 ford pickup cab question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by donatello, Nov 9, 2019.

1. donatello

donatello
    from missouri

I will soon be replacing the rear crossmember in the back of the cab, just wondering if anyone has any helpful suggestions in the order of operations and or how to keep the cab square or if anyone has any ideas or pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. When guys replace 55-57 Chevy floors they first spot weld hollow tubing to the door openings in a X,and then spot weld in a X that joins both sides.Now your measurements cant move.When done they cut the welds with a grinder,and remove the bracing.Smooth the welded spots.

3. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

The cab is constructed kinda in two parts. The cowl" A" pillars and roof are one piece and the floor and back of the cab are connected. The bottom back of the cab has rivets attached to the cross member and possible spot welds .Its been a while since I did mine but it might be helpful to take it apart. The firewall comes out and windshield frame can be removed. The area where the "A " pillars meet the roof has a curved piece of metal and factory lead on the out side of the cab for strength. If you are rebuilding the cab you may want to take a look. Taking it apart will help you line things up. Just my opinion good luck.

4. donatello

donatello
    from missouri

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. donatello

donatello
    from missouri