Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WTF really

WTF really

Picked up a bed for my 34. One step at a time. 20191105_115833.jpg 20191105_115842.jpg

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Drilled and tapped two holes in the 235 block for the water pump adapter,took the wire brush to one side of the block to get the rust off and made a mental note of parts need at the junkyard and parts stores. I think I started on this project about 4 years ago and hope to get the 235 in the 37 this winter.

WTF really likes this.
  3. Today I ordered parts that realized I needed yesterday. I finally got off my ass and got started again on my 56 Belair. I got all the steering gear removed in order to convert to power steering and add a clutch pedal.

METAL MELTDOWN likes this.
  4. I voted, went and grabbed kerosene since it's back in season here, thought I would mount my new bigger-badder fuel filter and pump since i didn't have the AN fittings to finish the new bigger-badder pressure regulator. Guess what, I don't have the right fittings for those either, I've got a hundred other sizes and configurations but not what I need..what the hell, crazy to have all this but not what I need.
    All blue and black for you haters...lol
    FB_IMG_1569604135825.jpg FB_IMG_1569604119144.jpg FB_IMG_1569604123251.jpg FB_IMG_1569604126436.jpg FB_IMG_1569604132522.jpg

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Put new tires on my daily driver. Boring and expensive.

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

After working on the 235 I started pricing parts and found out why they get later engines,80 dollars for a water pump and 60 plus for a fuel pump and that was from the usually cheap parts stores. I have more looking to do and did find a fuel pump for around 35 on line.

7. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went to the MO DOR and got new license plates for my 3 trailers. They can be had for 3 years which is nice. Not very painful other than the wait which really wasn't too bad. It gave me the opportunity to observe just how stupid a lot of people are.

All the instructions are printed on the renewal card. Trailers require no inspection or proof of insurance but everyone else needs a copy of their paid personal property taxes indicating the vehicle in question, proof of liability insurance, vehicle inspection, and the renewal card. You also need some money...after all this is a state run deal.

Why would you show up and not have whatever is required? All of the requirements have been the same for at least 30+ years so nothing is new. And why would you think that it might be OK just this one time to not have proof of liability insurance as one lady asked? Lots of people showed up without the insurance card but went to retrieve it from the vehicle. Some came back and a lot did not.

Anyhow that's what I did this morning. After that I got a haircut, went to the recycle place and came home and drank beer while I put the new plates on.

It is a lot of work to be retired but I'm getting the hang of it.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

They didn't offer you lifetime plates for your trailer?
    I got one for mine last year.

9. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, they did but the plates are non-transferable.

10. I feel your pain

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

12. LAROKE

LAROKE

The heat wave returned but I started getting back into the habit of spending an hour or so out in the shop every day regardless, mostly detailing Elvira now that the roadwork in front of the BillyBob Shop is done. Deerslayer's Frame, axle end, spring and spindle were further degreased, wire brushed, masked off and paint prepped before spraying Eastwood's Black Rust Encapsulator on the leaf spring, followed by a coat of Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black over everything the next day. Brake support plate and steering arm were installed next.

ds110719am.jpg

13. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_5284 (2).JPG
    Not the best picture and it was actually yesterday but I picked up these hats I had made.:)

14. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

I went to work, surffed the Hamb and remembered when I could get into my garage and actually work on my car. It was not a smart idea to ask my daughter and my 4 grandkids to move in.
    All of you guys have me drooling over the projects you all have going!

osage orange likes this.
  15. fed the wood stove and all our livestock. played with grandsons. Took of some parts for a customer who called then called back and said he aint gonna make it today. So I went and took my 66 GMC and got a load of firewood. Ive been studying on how to gang up some more money to spend at the auction the 23rd.

16. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

A customer of mine brought in a 48 Dodge speedometer to repair. I tore it down to repair and found I was the second person to repair it. The first person to repair it signed and dated the back of the dial just like I was taught to do.
    The date was 9-11-54 and the signature was EB ......my dad Elwood Buster, I'm Elwood Buster II.
    So 65 years later I will put my initials below his after the repair is done.
    I miss you dad. 20191022_162609.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Took the Battery out of the 37 and moved it to the heated basement where I put a charger on it. Yep, we got some snow here already DSCN4500.JPG

18. Got this far on my shed to put stuff in...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[/QUOTE] Well its a start My first shop is a 20 x28 pole shed. I even cut the poles on our place. We have a lot of cedar there. Made it tall enough to get a air ride cabover semi truck in and jack the cab up. Still have it I store my hay bailer and some other stuff in it.

flynbrian48 likes this.
  19. 62rebel

62rebel

Spent the morning scrounging parts for the Galaxie at Temple salvage and managed to get my truck totalled on the trip home. Five miles from the house. Going to the VA to get checked out.

20. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

Made a big pot of Deer stew cain't wait for supper.

firstinsteele likes this.
  21. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

We need an "OUCH" button

Boneyard51 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, hope that you are OK - no fun dealing with all of this

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  23. 62rebel

62rebel

Docs cleared me, just need a tetanus booster (fancy that, I almost NEVER touch rust) and it's off home for me. Probably not going to be doing anything tomorrow............

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

- at least that will be your decision, and not physical problem

25. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is awesome on the speedo!

LAROKE and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ran 2.3 mph short of the record in our class at El Mirage...... but then again we hold the record. 9CDF1BD9-5873-485A-BD81-B0AF6CC8376C.jpeg

27. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

2019-11-09 Center Console Complete 1.jpg 2019-11-09 Center Console Complete 2.jpg
    Finished up the center console project on my Merc Project.

28. clem

clem

65 years to the exact day ? Or is that 11th September ? Over here it would read 9th November.
    Either way, how neat is that. Thanks for sharing.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Picked up a set of fresh C heads for the 272 Y block that is going in my 55 sunliner,not as good as the G heads but I am going back to a mostly 55 engine. I also got the 4 bbl trans linkage in case I do put the FOM in.

Attached Files:

Boneyard51 likes this.
  30. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Helped out a buddy building a 32 Plymouth with a blown 392 . He couldn't get the brakes to bleed out so me and my pal Butch checked it all out made a couple of changes and he had a good pedal . Told him his brake pedal ratio needed some work...Went out to the shop ,tuned up Bobs 34 3 window , It has a 427 sbc , But is full fendered and painted Washington blue...Damn! that thing hauls ASS! Good day in my book:D

61Cruiser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.