Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Little help with SBC blower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barn Hunter, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Dyce

Dyce

The secondaries open with ported vacuum, they have nothing to do with manifold vacuum, or vacuum under the carb.

Barn Hunter and arkiehotrods like this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

order ten belts, see if there are enough with the same batch code, return the rest

3. You should still be able to get matched belts. We use them regularly on the equipment we design and build where I work.

4. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Given the robots behind the counters nowadays, I assume your comment has a bent towards sarcasm?

A while back I tried to buy a pair of matched belts for my 56 Chrysler from a couple different local parts stores, and they were clueless. I went to my local bearing shop, Industrial Bearing and Transmission (IBT) and they fixed me up no questions asked. They are used to industrial uses of multiple sheave belt drives and know what a matched set is.

Barn Hunter and guthriesmith like this.
  5. squirrel

squirrel

There are three local "real" parts stores, and each has older guys working the counter who've been in the business a long time....they would all know what I'm talking about, if I asked. I guess some places aren't so lucky?

Barn Hunter and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I’ve been asked for year make and model when trying to buy a 4’ piece of brake line. Also asked if I wanted to buy the extended warranty.

So, yeah, some places aren’t so lucky.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. This car is all kinds of cool, I was wondering about the square hole in the hood, although it looked further back than stock placement would be, congratulations man.

Barn Hunter likes this.
  8. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Regarding the matched belts I can tell you what I was told several years ago by Gates tech guy. He said due to improvements in the manufacture process matched sets are no longer necessary. Tolerances are so close from batch to batch that it doesn't matter.

loudbang and Barn Hunter like this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

That's the impression I got from reading a bit about them...