Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Turkey Run?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 7, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

Who's making their plans to attend? HRP

2. Graystoke

Graystoke

I live about 3 hr north of DC and was thinking about putting the car on the autotrain to go to the Turkey Run. Does anyone on here have any experience doing that?

dana barlow likes this.
  3. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

I'll be going up Friday most likely to check out the swap meet. May haul some stuff up there that I'm selling to some fellow HAMBers to save on shipping.

HOTRODPRIMER and dana barlow like this.
  4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Be there with my club, Tampa Knights, in that fenced in RV area. Sorry, Gregg.

HOTRODPRIMER and dana barlow like this.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Been 3 times years back,last time ten years back,an then it had gotten super big. I can't get up that way any more,nor walk as far as I'd wish,always a ton to see.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. MotoAndy and my self are heading down Thursday night and will roll home early Sunday. The Turkey Run is a great show lots of different stuff and some thing for every body. And check of Gregg Pellicer HAMB parking

HOTRODPRIMER and jim snow like this.
  7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Not this year,hurt the trans in the sunliner last year while down there and never really got it fixed right so not going to try to drive that far and have to haul it back home again. I had it working shortly after I got it home but started to loose third again a couple weeks ago so maybe next year.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

I'll be there again, this will be my 46th sho, never missed one, not fun like it used to be, too big, too many new cars it's like a used car lot. $$$$$ had the same motel room for first 29 years.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. bubba55

bubba55

Hey HRP is that you driving that wagon - bubba taint gona bee able to make it dis year - on me bucket list - maybe next year - still working on me A

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

When I looked into the auto train some years ago I found that there is a height limitation. I was too "tall". At that time cost was comparable to airfare.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

A friend took a 53 Ford pickup with a blown 454 from south to north a bunch of years ago and had no trouble.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. A couple of guy's in the club are going, Mark will be driving his stock 55 Oldsmobile & Steve will be in his T-Bucket, if you happen to see the club plaque speak up, they are a couple of characters.

[​IMG]

The Magic Ratchet likes this.
  13. The Magic Ratchet

The Magic Ratchet

I've always wanted to see that but it won't be this year, for sure. Have a great time!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Always heard bits and pieces about it and thought I would love to go...Who wouldnt want to go down to Daytona for a few days especially to a car show/swap meet
    Looked up the Facebook page and skimmed through it a little but would be nice to see some coverage here:cool:
    Thanks for bringing it up HRP......maybe someday:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. I really doubt we will ever get to go to the Turkey Run, Thanksgiving is about the only time we are able to get the kids and grandchildren home. HRP

16. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

I've been going since 96, I highly recommend it. There is no way to see the cars and the swap in one day, if you wanted to see it all and really enjoy all of the cars and BS with folks, it would probably take nearly three days. I spend one day in just the swap area milling around. For those of you that haven't been Friday is the easy day, for Saturday get there very early to avoid sitting in line to get in, Sunday is just as bad. Traffic back to Jacksonville on I95 is usually terrible late in the day. I always take US1 going home.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

It was a blast. Hamb parking brought many quality rides.

18. cadman89

cadman89

19. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

Cool!
    that's my old red 32 highboy on their page intro, sold it about 10 years ago, wish I had never sold it.

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky