Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Do Hot Rods / Old Cars Take You Back In Time?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CAHotRodBoy, Sep 6, 2019.

1. 6sally6

6sally6

The wife and I did a large part of Rt. 66 (what's left of it) a few years back. Made plenty of stops and "the feeling" was there. Something special.....a place in time. Too bad I was young & dumb many years ago and didn't travel the Mother Road before interstates sprang up everywhere.
    Your sentence about filming you/your car as you drive by........Be sure and do it while in the PNW. Port Townsend(for example) and several others. Spring time it doesn't rain all the time there.
    Anxious to see your work.
    6sally6

2. Yes, there is a connection there. And a feeling. It's hard to explain. Some times more that others.

Stogy likes this.
  3. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Not so much as in taking me back in time as the oldest vehicle I ever had was a 74 vega (until we got the Turd) and never experience that era. But me and the wife do spend a lot of time thinking about what the car has experienced over the last 68 years - how many trip to get groceries, Sunday church, spilled drinks at the drive-in, other activities at the drive-in , family vacations, and on and on. Just think of what we all do in our daily drivers and imagine that for all those years. That's kinda neat.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

Every time I see a T bucket I'm fifteen again. That's me in the passengers seat. Tsoto color with kelly.jpg

buddyamigo, Montana1, quick85 and 4 others like this.