Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SEEKING "Ford" script

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearhead Graphics, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

My T-bucket body is a Total branded body and I just CANT leave that script in the tailgate.
    Does anyone happen to have a broken hunk off their body, or maybe someone thats pulled a mold or any other suggestions on glassing in the embossed script?

My next best guess of an idea will be to cut the letters out of 1/8 inch wood and laminate them to the body. Though this method I fear expansion and contraction will make it not last as long as I want.

Ideas?

loudbang likes this.
  2. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used the script cut from a Model T running board grafted into a piece of sheet metal on the Studebaker bed/tailgate to cover Studebaker embossing. The Model T script is a bit smaller than I wanted but the price was right.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

You could always cut the script from an f1 tailgate. They are a lot easier to find

loudbang and scrap metal 48 like this.
  4. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Gearhead, I'm pretty sure if you go on that auction site you'll find pieces of new sheetmetal with the Ford logo.

loudbang likes this.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do not think you guys read the OP's post very well. He has a glass gate with a "ford" script in it already. He doesn't want it there. He wants to chop his gate up, remove the logo and fill it with a new piece of glass. Anyway this is what I read.

Take a trip to the corvette bone yard.

deucemac likes this.
  6. 62SY4

62SY4
    from Irwin, Pa

My guess is the current tailgate reads "total" and the op want to replace that with the Ford script

7. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

8. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Bandit, reread the post title and all. He says seeking Ford script and talks about cutting letters out of wood and glassing them in as an option.

loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  9. upspirate

upspirate

If it's smooth, (or not ,maybe a Total logo) why not just a vinyl script on a smoothed tailgate ? I know it's not raised, but it's a rod

10. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

Ford Tractor Script is more period correct.
    [​IMG]

11. krgdowdall

krgdowdall
    from Alberta

Speedway and others sell a Ford script logo in brass or chrome about 8-9 inches long. About right size for a tailgate . Apply with double sided trim tape.[​IMG]

upspirate and loudbang like this.
  12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ohhhh dude, I get it now. Wait, what?

loudbang and The Shift Wizard like this.
  13. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Yes. Wanting ford script to put on my bucket tailgate. Preferably glass. (Speedway tailgate is smooth)
    Gotta be some way...

14. goldmountain

goldmountain

Places like Home Depot sell 4×8 fiberglass sheets for bathroom renovation. Find a chunk big enough, cut FORD out with a bandsaw and glue it on. Incidentally, a friend with a t-bucket took his car to another body man friend and it came back with the FORD logo erased. Wasn't in his plans.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Get hold of a metal script,and use it to make a fiberglass mold.Fill the new mold with fine glass,and resin to product a fiberglass insert.Cut the center out of the glass tail gate,and insert the new glass script panel.Sand,and finish.

Sandgroper likes this.
  16. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

Or, if you know someone with a good, high-res 3D printer, you can print the exact style and size you want from a variety of materials and bond it to the glass.

Sandgroper likes this.
  17. I don't get any of this. You have a Glass body I'm guessing on a Kit chassis with a Chevy motor on it. Am I wrong? Why do you want it to say Ford?

18. upspirate

upspirate

Doesn't matter, HIS car,HE wants it!!LOL

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I get it. TOTAL-ly.

Hnstray and Bugguts like this.
  20. Man. My first thought was just get some glass roll, resin, and a Ford script template. Thinking setting up some glass, to trace & cut a pattern ... & bonding it to your panel, would be easy.

BUT ...

... reality set in. F*ck that ! That would be a ton of detail sanding, reglazing, & detail sanding again, between those letters to not look like sh*t.

Instead ... just call these guys >

https://hotrodfiberglass.com/product/t-bucket-pickup-bed/

Screenshot_20191106-162735_Chrome.jpg

$150 for the whole fiberglass box. Maybe they can work a smaller quote for just the rear panel you need ?

irishsteve likes this.