Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pa Swap Meet Sunday November 3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greenie-reddy, Nov 2, 2019.

1. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Tired if football? Check out the Fall Swap Meet and open house at the Classic Auto Mall at Morgantown, PA. That’s exit 298 on the PA Turnpike. The defunct shopping mall displays about 400 cars for sale on consignment; and there will be an indoor/outdoor swap meet. Admission to the inside portion is $2. Dress warm!

wraymen, loudbang and chevy57dude like this.
  2. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Imagine taking your wife to a shopping mall and making her walk thru every store, looking at everything on sale. Now imagine every store full of antique and collector cars- and so are the hallways! Now you have the Classic Auto Mall. They claimed 800 cars on display- my feet agree!
    The outdoor swap meet had about 80 vendors, some had some interesting speed equipment from the 60’s. The indoor vendors, filled three large areas, featured smaller items, and several were Studebaker collectors. All in all, we spent about 5 hours there and enjoyed every moment.
    Now, if these folks are smart.....repeat the same thing in January or February!

Attached Files:

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  3. fleetside66

fleetside66

You certainly had a good day for it. I saw your post too late last night to make the hour & 15 minute spur of the moment trip there today, but I intend to make it there this month with a few other car guys, without the swap meet, of course. Like you said, it would be a tailor made venue for nuts like us in the middle of the winter. It really is a no brainer & a money maker. They charge $10 a head at the Allentown fairgrounds event & by the length of the lines, you'd think they were giving the stuff away for free (and most of it should be given away for free). Desperation is the name of the game. Is there room inside for a swap meet?

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for pics

5. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

Dang I missed it. I went last year, but the weather was horrible so not many people outside. Glad you had a good day.

6. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

They have plenty of space to host an indoor swap meet in the winter. The Allentown building is way too small and cramped. It limits the number of vendors and creates shoulder to shoulder conditions. The AutoMall can accommodate a larger crowd; and bring all those car guys into close proximity to the cars being offered for sale. With the attached Holiday Inn and the adjacent McDonalds ; and easy access from the Turnpike- it seems to have it made.

7. fleetside66

fleetside66

Here's a copy of a brochure that I picked up at Macungie this past summer, for those that might be curious. Of course, there's a detailed website with the rundown & prices of cars, as well.
    IMG_4018.jpg IMG_4019.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.