Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Steering death wobble help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TudorTony, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Where is some updated pics ?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. TudorTony

TudorTony
    from NJ

LOL, I have a thick skin but ur worthless sh_thead comments don’t rise to the level of constructive criticism! Ur obviously a prick suffering from gigantic insecurity issues who needs to try to strike out at Ppl to satiate his own issues. U r one of the POS’s giving this sight the asshole reputation it has. Sad as I did get good constructive criticism that helped. So, as the Soup Nazi Said “No Soup For u”

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@31Vicky with a hemi usually tells it like it is, and I consider him to be a valuable resource on this site. What you had was a mess underneath that front end, and he told you that, maybe not in an "I'm running for political office" kind of way but he was honest. If you really had thick skin you wouldn't write the crap you just did.

Not that it qualifies as writing......

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  4. jimvette59

jimvette59

Get rid of all the contraptions and go back to stock.

5. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

What a lot of posters AND the OP are missing is 47 ford trucks handled OK-get everything in the front suspension back to the way ford made it and start from there--especially get the tie rod behind the axle where it belongs!!! P.S.there is a front axle made for parallel leafs,tie rod in FRONT of axle and proper ackerman-check out a early 60's TWO WHEEL DRIVE International Scout-4 1/2 bolt circle,but really small drum brakes

town sedan and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Fair enough,,, yep I’m an insensitive prick.
    I’ve heard that before from a bunch of different people who know me but don’t know each other.
    Just wondering if Seinfeld helped you get them Ackerman arms right?

7. Thanks!!
    I went back thru the thread and could not tell which of my responses reached the level of butt hurt expressed.

8. I think the op just showed his true character....some of his statements are pretty offensive. 31 Vicky and I don’t always agree but I appreciate someone who speaks their mind, I do so as well, without attacking people. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Now that's the old HAMB we all know and love. 2019-04-24 15_44_23.png

10. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

I think the advice of finding a stock chassis is the best. Probably the least expensive way to make it correct......

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think that @TudorTony really has shown his true character.

Many times he’s been given great advice and told the best way to make his truck into something well built and safe but instead he continues to carry on trying to improve on his cobbled up mess.

Now he’s trying to convince us that he’s got it all sorted out but refuses to show any of what he did.

Instead he gets all butt hurt at the knowledgeable guys who have tried to help him.

12. Good thing this isn’t the Old H.A.M.B.. I’m kinda surprised this thread hasn’t been deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. trollst

trollst

Tudortony, what the.... was that all about? You ask for help, you get advice from the best here on the hamb and then you take a giant dump on them? Vick knows his shit, lives thousands of miles from me, we've never met, but he's earned my respect and is one of a few people on this forum I'd like to meet, there are others, a select group who can be relied upon to give good advice. You got good advice but don't appreciate it. Now THAT shows your character.
    Vick, get that frigging car running buddy. LeRoy.

14. roger didonato

roger didonato

15. jimvette59

jimvette59

I Think Ryan has put a end to this.

Baron likes this.
  16. roger didonato

roger didonato

I agree with you 110% I have a '40 ford with M2 suspension using stock a-arms & Heights cross member . The bolts in the lower control struts which are swedged came loose. On the passenger, side the nuts fell off, the swedges came loose, & the bolts fell out! Good thing we were only doing about 25 mph. Stepped on the brake & car violently pulled to the right.
    . Have you ever heard of anyone else having this problem?

17. Any IFS swap discussion is forbidden here. I get it ,,,
    but everybody is wanting info and direction on doing that type of swap anyway. There’s a bunch of pit falls and danger in doing it wrong, fits all kits don’t . Their favorite place (the hamb) can help but isn’t allowed. So being pushed away , members find some bullshit info.
    Mostly they can find out how to buy a fits all kit, how to install a fits all kit, and nothing about the compromise. It’s available but hard to find info about why that fits all kit don’t fit or don’t work, or stuffed into undesirable outcomes or what needs to be changed.

18. You could google “safety wire” or “castle nuts” and get get yourself a drill.

town sedan likes this.
  19. town sedan

town sedan

Start a new thread.
    No reason for this to be back on page one. Maybe best if this thread is locked.
    -Dave

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

think again.