Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's be honest here, prior to your HAMB life what era were you into?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Roothawg, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I grew up at the drag strip as a kid from the late 60s till early 80s. New England Dragway to be precise. I was there every Sunday. My Mom and Dad both worked there. I worked there as a teenager. Later my Father became the Division 1 Tech Director for NHRA in the late 70s and early 80s. I got to travel all over the country with him to National events and points races. So I've always been interested in cars. I've had a bunch of 60s and 70s cars and trucks my whole life but last month got my first Hot Rod. I've always wanted one and finally have one. So there is the short version.

2. I am a 67 model, and grew up in a lawn mower shop. Loved to build very fast mini bikes, and go carts. At 16 years old, I got my first ride, 1953 GMC pickup. I sure loved that truck. After that all I was building was 60-70s Muscle cars. Now I have a 36 Plymouth I am restoring, and just thinking about the history behind this car is a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Rick Phillips

Rick Phillips

I’m a 61 model, grew up watching my dad fix anything and everything himself, helped and learned and loved it. My younger brother and myself first was a 55 F100 and we built a tilt front clip w the metal hood and fenders @ 14 then just went crazy with buying, building and selling or mostly trading projects, have had 159 that have built myself so far but the one that always stuck w me because young and old liked it so much was my 32 Model B pickup, so almost 60 and back to it w a 31 5 window.

4. Yep thats me, but never was into customs... 60’s corvette gassers rule

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Was born in 1949, yes some of us are still around, and remember the first real hot rod I saw. Model A roadster pickup, short bed, Olds J2. Fell in love immediately.
    That being said I love'em all.
    Fenderless rods
    Channeled rods with fenders
    East coast unchopped channeled hot rods
    Traditional sleds
    Roth's wild glass creations
    Tradition low riders "bombs", yes please
    and on and on...

The current trend of slammed cars with huge wheels isn't my cup of tea but anyone who has a passion for what they build has my respect even if I don't car for the style.

Christian Moller likes this.
  6. Duellym

Duellym

it's 80's-90's tuner cars and 4x4's for me, parts availability is a lot better for newer stuff. Toyota's are what interest me the most when it comes to that stuff (especially land cruisers)

One of my friends ended up getting me into rwd Volvo's too recently. Basically I'm the sorta person that likes anything with 4 tires.

7. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

I was born in 1983. Me being an 80's child, I remember seeing my fair share of billet and tweed in the local car shows and grocery store magazine racks. My bedroom walls were papered in ZZTOP, Car Craft, Hot Rod, Truckin, and Minitruckin posters. I had became fascinated with cars and trucks, but when I "came of age" I started to lean more to the mini trucks. I had friends that were mini truckers, and besides, they were everywhere you looked. I got into the scene pretty heavy and built a nice truck. The next season came up and I "updated" some stuff. That season came and went, and the next season I updated it more. This went on a few seasons, and next thing you know you look at your ride and you think "man this this thing says nothing about me or who I am. It only shows what was popular at the last few SEMA shows. I have since gotten out of that scene. I built a car/truck done in what I like , how I like and not what others deemed cool. As always, you find your path when you are true to yourself. In finding my path, I also found out that I am a sixties rod and custom kind of guy, with an appreciation for muscle cars.

GuyW likes this.