Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bruce Lancaster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chiro, Oct 24, 2019.

1. So sorry to hear the news. A very dark day here on the board. Bruce was a kind gentleman with the Ford knowledge of a library. He was last on here October 18th, and twelve days later he's gone. Life is funny sometimes. God must have needed a great Ford man, 'cause he took one of the best from us.
    My deepest condolences to his family and friends--as well as to the HAMB family who cared for him so much. He will be missed. Vaya con Dios Amigo..........E

2. I'm very sad to hear/read this.
    He helped me with multiple problems over the years.
    Never beat me up or talked down to me.
    Another good one passes, RIP Bruce

OG lil E, sidevalve8ba and Stogy like this.
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I always enjoyed the history lessons Bruce gave, sorry I never got to meet him. Prayers and condolences to his family and friends. Bob

OG lil E and Stogy like this.
  4. jambottle

jambottle

My three favorite hambers:flatdog, 3window larry,and now Bruce,all gone!hope they're benchracing up there. RIP Bruce.

Sent from my SM-G960W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

OG lil E, Thor1, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  5. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very sorry to hear. My condolences to his family and friends. That’s a lot of knowledge in the wind.

OG lil E and Stogy like this.
  6. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Anybody have a picture of Bruce? One thing about this newfangled internet & forum discussion deal, we get to "know" people over the years though never know what they look like.

Stogy likes this.
  7. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Truck, try this thread. Post #50

Truck64 likes this.
  8. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Several years ago I had an NOS Ford spotlight from the mid-30's that I got in a box full of miscellaneous stuff I bought at an auction. I had no use for it so I advertised it on the HAMB. Bruce bought it, and when I asked him what he was going to use it on he said he had no plans to use it, he just wanted it. We chatted for a bit, and he made quite an impression on me. His contributions on the HAMB were second to none.

RIP Bruce, where none of the flathead blocks have cracks, nor do any of them overheat! You will be missed here.

9. Someone once said that when a person dies it is similar to a library burning to the ground because all the knowledge that person gained over their lifetime is gone. In Bruce Lancaster's case it was a very big library. He was one of the good people. He will truly be missed. Rest in peace Bruce.

10. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

11. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Surfcityrocker and ZZLEGEND like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I understand Pete, I shed a tear here many times over the losses...it's final and we are all moving forward with the torch held high till we can't anymore...

I do feel very emotional myself when creating these Artistic memorials to our departed friends...but I find strength and comfort in sharing loss with all of you in word and sometimes with a little more...May he Rest in Peace and thank you...

13. aplaceinmyheart

aplaceinmyheart
    from NJ

hi
    my email is [email protected], please feel free to reach out.

Stogy likes this.
  14. aplaceinmyheart

aplaceinmyheart
    from NJ

The memorial service for my father will be held on Saturday, 12/7/19 starting at 11 am, with visiting starting at 10 am. It will be at First Baptist Church of Millburn in Millburn, NJ. Please pass on this info to anyone who knew my father and would want to join us. Reach out of you have any questions please, or need more details. Just trying to get the word out at the moment. Thanks guys

RICH B, Petejoe, OG lil E and 2 others like this.
  15. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

Just saw this hadn’t been active in awhile! Bruce was a wealth of info he will be missed! Gods Speed Bruse! The H.A.M.B. lost another great one

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

OG lil E likes this.
  16. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Thanks Elizabeth. You should be very proud of your dad. I know a lot of guys on here were. He was one of the good one's. RIP to him. Mark.

kidcampbell71 likes this.