Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage It's gonna be a long Winter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Nov 1, 2019.

1. This sucks..had to put on a jacket.2 days on a row

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. I don't stress over it although we had a dusting yesterday morning. I don't necessarily like winter but I do love having a cozy shop to go out to every day that I want. I get a lot more done in the winter.

Algoma56 likes this.
  3. lake_harley

lake_harley

My last name is Winter. Love the name.....HATE the season! There's a drag strip in Aruba; I wonder if there are many hot rods? It's about 80 degrees F , +/- 6 degrees, year around.

Lynn

4. 6sally6

6sally6

Yeah pretty suckable here too!
    Actually cut off the central air and had to sleep under the sheet! Looks like winter's here boys!
    6sally6

Desoto291Hemi and Deuces like this.
  5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Damn Sam, you don't have anything to bitch about. A contractor just a few miles from the cabin I'm building said he has already pushed 42" of snow away from his job site. He's at 7000 plus feet (second highest peak) in the Black Hills of South Dakota. We have had at least two feet at my house.

6. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I don’t miss South Dakota

7. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

Jeez guess I’ll stop bitchin’ we’ve only had 2 inches as of Halloween.... oh well winter has come time to put some serious shop time in
    7A11B1ED-3030-43FF-A982-AB045A9EEE47.jpeg

enloe and Deuces like this.
  8. upspirate

upspirate

Wife just shut the doors and windows and turned the A/C back on. The 75 degrees wouldn't come in the house....still 80 in here. Going boating tomorrow....

9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Old Wolf, what the hell is on that post in the right side of your pic? Looks like you took the boys toys away from them and put them up where they can't reach them?

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I must have just missed you. I also went through Ottawa on Sunday.

[​IMG]

Then Thursday I’m glad I work from home.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Straight Axle Guy

Straight Axle Guy

Haven't turned off the AC since April! Hot Roddin 24/7.

upspirate likes this.
  13. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Long winter? Really guys...
    Have a grand day!
    BanjeauX Bob
    Fairbanks,Alaska

14. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Touche', sir! I guess we really don't have it that bad, do we?

Deuces likes this.
  15. ...interesting replies,...it just seems really early for this weather this year,..but the weather has been different all year I guess....we don't have it as bad as a lot of you guys...

Deuces and David Gersic like this.
  16. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

Snowed here in Central IL all day Thursday. Some places got up to 3", I got about 3/4". And colder than normal too. Brrr.
    I like the old AD Chevy and 2R Studebaker pickups! :cool:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"I'd go out and make a snow angel but the dogs it has me second-guessing."

Some of you guys are hilarious! I remember that's one of the first things I first noticed about this place.
    I spend a lot of time working alone here on the farm. When I wanna hang out and have a good laugh, I come here. Helps break up my day.
    Thanks guys.

Pretty much ready for winter. Sure am glad I have a heated insulated garage to work in.
    Close to being ready to work on Chrysler this winter. Acquiring tools and equipment. Welder, big compressor, pressurized sandblasting pot, engine hoist and a drill press so far.
    Need a torch, couple of air tools and a few other things.
    Hopefully, I'll be so busy in the garage, I won't have time to make a snow angel in the dogshit LOL.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jim snow and Deuces like this.
  18. 51pontiac

51pontiac
    from Alberta

Deuces and raceron1120 like this.
  19. Rick, a few years ago we had a big ice storm. freezing rain and overnight everything was iced over,that carp lasted for a couple of days, so since I was stuck at home I was thinking I'm gonna get some work done in the shop.

I got dressed early and went slip sliding across the driveway to the shop, I made it to the door without busting my arse, I turned on the lights, flipped the switch for the heat pump and put on a pot of coffee, I tuned in my favorite radio station and while waiting on the coffee I started making mental notes of what I was going to do.

I gathered up a few tools, poured a cup of joe and as the temperature was getting to feel comfortable the coat came of and no sooner than I crawled under the car, the lights flickered and went off, dammit!

I slid back out, felt may way around and found my flashlight in the top of the tool box, the breaker panel is right beside the tool box, I checked and none of the breakers were tripped, about this time I heard the boss lady hollering asking me did I have power out there?

No electricity in the shop nor in the house, thank goodness we have a old wood burning stove so for the next two days we stayed in the den, cooked chili on top of the wood burning stove along with anything we could heat & eat for the next few days, staying warm and sitting next to the window and caught up on some reading.

At first I was a little pissed about loosing power and not getting to work on the car but in the long run we really enjoyed taking it easy, no TV, radio, internet, we ate good and stayed warm,

We were able to get to town on the 3rd day, trying to avoid the downed trees, power lines and tree limbs plus there was still some black ice to avoid, we had power at Brenda's shop and we got back home about 5 PM and we still didn't have power, I built a fire and we heated up some soup, we ate and went to bed around 8pm.

I think we had every blanket in the house on the bed and I was sleeping like the proverbial bug in a rug, I woke up when the power came back on about 3AM with the lights in the bed room, the TV in the den, I believe every light in the house was on.

I looked out the back door and the shop was lit up also, I went out an turned the lights and heat pump off.

I really enjoyed the simple pleasures of no power but it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn;t want to live there. HRP

Rickybop and David Gersic like this.
  20. Its a planter wheel on a steel post. and all sorts of things hung from it. On top is a scrubboard and hand wringer . dangling are some stirrups from a McEllan saddle, a cutting horse bit. horse shoes , old tools and implement parts ect. My wifes version of yard art. Looked much better when she first put it up years ago. The picture is from 8 years ago. Debbie used to keep the yard nice. However she got a bad hip and the grandsons came along and its a losing battle. 204760_469174303104359_18911019_o.jpg

41 GMC K-18 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Well, that's just neat! I couldn't tell much about it in the first pic, it looked like toys on it.
    My wife's name is Debbie, too. And before she got down with diabetes, narcolepsy, and a bad back, she used to do stuff in the yard. I've always did the mowing and trimming, she had her flowers and things. And we're running after a 6 year GS with ADDHD, too. His parents were both druggies, so he got it from both sides. He's a handful.

Old wolf and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Haa! That's funny right there.......

23. Last Saturday at a auction I bought a 42 CC Poulan chain saw. Looked almost new. for $25 I thought I would gamble on it. Started it up this evening just before dark and it had the dullest chain I have ever seen. I thought it was on backward. It took 8 strokes on each tooth with a too large 7/32 file to get it sharp. It cuts now however the drags are now way too high. Ill grind them down and possibly get some use from that chain.

24. I wanted to bring this bullet riddled 57 chev cab setting & rotting 015.JPG and set it around front for yard art. The wife said I don't think so. How bout I shoot holes in the 55 chevy wagon instead?

25. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

No measurable snowfalls here as of yet. Hope it holds out that way for a bit. Love it when people whine about not having a white Christmas makes winter a little shorter seeming.

Old wolf likes this.
  26. sololobo

sololobo

cool yard sculpture bro, a couple of little snows so far already here in Nebraska, colder than a well diggers ass. I lived in sunny California for 11 years and still each winter now after 30 years seems cruel, being a little older seems to make it harder as well. But planning next summers events and workin on my rides.

27. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

We had 1 1/2 inches of snow a couple of days before Halloween, but it’s gone already. It’s supposed to be around 60 here today.

28. Here in NE Ark we get so little snow and ice. that when we do get a few inches or any ice it shuts everything down. our snow is wet and it packs really fast into ice. then any sun melts the top and makes it as slick as Black ice. then the Hwy depts. work on the main roads first. out in the county we are the last place where the snow plow and sand trucks go. Everyone has a 4 wheel drive. They can manage to get going but we get so little winter weather they don't know how to drive on slick roads. They drive too fast & cant stop or simply get out of control and wreck. So I try to prep enough to not need to drive unless the roads are clear. we only carry liability insurance. No point in risking our life or vehicle by getting on the road with the dumb clucks in their 4 wheel drives. When I drove truck I made two runs in Ill every week. they sprayed a liquid on the roads that melted the snow as it fell and it wasn't really any problem. and much of the snow was dry and did not pack. The farther south I went the worse it would be. Usually someplace between Cario Ill and Popular Bluff Mo. I would have to stop and chain up. then 20 MPH so as to not sling the chains off the tires. When I had Beagles hunting rabbits in the snow was really fun. You could see the rabbits very easily. Im not a big fan of winter. And the frigid cold don't kill the ticks & mosquitos.

BamaMav likes this.
  29. Northern lower Michigan, had about 2-3 inches of snow this morning and 30 degrees. I'm getting SO fed up with all of this global warming! :mad: