Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage It's gonna be a long Winter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Nov 1, 2019.

1. It's gonna be a long Winter if this keeps up;...we had 2" of snow Tuesday AM(Oct.29th),..then about 4+" on Thursday;..temp this Friday AM is 20 lousy degrees,...I had more cruisin to do...
    first snow 10-29-19 008.jpg first snow 10-29-19 013.jpg second snow 10-31-19 006.jpg

enloe, MO54Frank, Deuces and 8 others like this.
  2. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ain't it a bitch! Two Snowe's before Halloween! I can remember alot of shitty weather on Halloween, but NEVER snow! It'll probably be back in the 60's next week, the way the weather goes around here! Disgusting!

Stogy likes this.
  3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

It was 100 degrees here Oct 1, 30 degrees on Oct 31 ! A 70 degree difference in 31 days!
    Every winter is too long for me anymore......

Edit: According to my favorite weatherman, it was actually 32 degrees at 4am on Nov 1, not Oct 31 as first reported, so it actually missed the record by 4 hours. But those temps were recorded in Birmingham AL, at the airport weather station, and our temps here are always a few degrees warmer for the high and a few degrees lower for the low. Still a hell of a change in 31 days!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Deuces, belair, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

B-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r...
    That's okay. Everybody just hunker down in their shops get a lot done.
    That's my plan.
    Still... B-r-r-r-r-r this morning.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces, scrap metal 48 and Stogy like this.

5. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

I had been depending on a long warm fall to finish my shop addition and drive my old beater Fairlane up to Thanksgiving...Yep, its gonna be a long one.

6. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

It's been clear and cold here in NW Oregon. No white stuff yet.

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  7. 39 degrees this morning, great time to learn the heat in your daily doesn't work. :mad: HRP

Deuces, Stogy and lilmann like this.
  8. ahshoe

ahshoe

3.2" earlier in the week and 6" of snow yesterday morning .What the *#!* Group of trick or treaters came to us in a snow mobile last night.

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have a stack of dry wood and a wood furnace in the garage....I'm ready!

10. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

20191101_102150.jpg Cruze all winter long.

Deuces, Stogy and 2935ford like this.
  11. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Written in lumber crayon on the wall of the garage :10/15/77 , " I'm roofing , it's snowing " ,I'm 60+ miles south of you and I wrote that

Deuces, 427 sleeper and Stogy like this.
  12. HotRod33

HotRod33

I'm putting a new heater in the 33.... but Takes it a minute for the engine to warm-up and idle with a tunnel ram and dual carbs with no choke.....lol

13. Yep its was in the twenties here in the Ozark Foothills. frost so thick it looked like snow. I drained everything that didn't have antifreeze in it and winterized my well pump yesterday. and to boot went and got a big load of firewood. Its been raining good thing the rain moved out before the cold moved in. We narrowly missed a ice storm.

14. Terraizer

Terraizer

Not looking forward to this winter, we got 11"s first part of the week, and it's been under 25 degrees all week.

15. Deuces and Stogy like this.
  16. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

11 below zero at 6 am here on Wednesday morning. Slowly warming up though, 8 above yesterday and 13 above this morning at the same time.

Deuces, RMR&C, Dave Mc and 1 other person like this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah we got some down here as well. It’ll all melt by this afternoon but that salt they put all over the road will be there a while. That’s what keeps me off the road for now.

18. 1ton

1ton

Garage is half full of R19 rolls. Not easy to insulate a building that is full of shtuff. Gas line will make it out to the garage this weekend. Wife and I both used the remote starters this morning. 20 degrees at 6 am. I'd go out and make a snow angel but the dog shit has me second guessing.

Oldioron, Rickybop, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  19. topher5150

topher5150

We've been getting rain and snow for here in MI. I saw a screen shot of a weather station in Florida saying that it's going to be a chilly 70 out, and people were ripping on them....to funny.

20. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Last Sunday we took “color run” to Ottawa, have brunch head back a different route on a beautiful mild fall day. Fast forward 3 days and we’re in the 30’s with snow.:confused::mad:
    Cruise each day like it’s your last,as you never know when it will come to a screeching halt for the year.:(

21. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

very cold mornings here in the Sierra foothills too, 7* Wednesday morning , no snow yet . won't be long till we be shoveling global warming off the driveways

22. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Good time to work on the project.. Maybe I'll have the Plymouth on the road by summer.. Maybe not....

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. Going to my last show for the season tomorrow, then it's into the shop to be rewired and transformed into a more traditional style. Should look completely different by spring!

Deuces likes this.
  24. Its pretty nice out today. I went to our other place and got another load of firewood to add to the pile in the yard. And a bit of hay for the livestock. I cut the wood last year it should be seasoned and burn good. Persimmion ,Hickory, Redoak and some Elm. firewood 001.JPG

25. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Climate change happens four times a year...

26. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Unless you live in Minnesota, than it happens on an hourly basis.

And I like long winters, Gives me a chance to play with a different type of vintage Hot Rod!

[​IMG]

27. Ziggster

Ziggster

Some flakes floating here now. Last year it snowed about his time and didn't stop until April.

Deuces likes this.
  28. greener200

greener200

I think were going to need some " befor "an " after " photos ,,Have fun ! Nothing up here in the land of Pilgrims,Heck ,I ain't even put on the long-johns yet!

Deuces likes this.
  29. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL! No wonder I don't remember... I was 2.

30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If it snowed enough here to play with those I might like winter a little better.