Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bruce Lancaster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SUHRsc, Oct 31, 2019.

1. bobbooth

bobbooth
    from limeyland

As others have said , never met him but received advice and knowledge from him even on this side of the pond, always enjoyed learning from his posts. RIP....

OG lil E, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Bruce and I went back and forth countless times as I made my way through multiple early flatheads and parts with odd castings and part numbers. it always amazed me his willingness to chase down that "one he hadn't seen before"...
    He said something once that came to mind yesterday when I heard the sad news...he said...
    "Bill, I'm not a genius! I'm just a librarian with alot of books, a lot of really cool books!"...
    to me he will always be a genius.

The 39 guy, Thor1, Frankie47 and 7 others like this.
  3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another HAMB treasure lost, so sad.
    Condolences to the Lancaster family.

Jet96, OG lil E, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  4. Could not put it any better, Godspeed, Bruce.

OG lil E and Stogy like this.
  5. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now there is an epitaph for a truly remarkable man

6. Rest In Peace Bruce- you will be missed

7. Gaters

Gaters

Sorry to hear about Mr Lancaster’s passing. He sure was an active person on here. I know his great knowledge and especially his friendship with those he was close to will be greatly missed. Godspeed Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

I never met him but always read his post. Those post taught me a lot about him and his knowledge. He will be missed. A great guy. God bless him.

9. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Rest in Peace Bruce , You will be missed.

10. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

I don’t nowadays write much here but wanted to come and say my condolences. He was a great man.

11. flat 39

flat 39

When I see the name Bruce Lancaster I stop and read every word. It is very sad that we will no longer get to partake in Bruce's vast knowledge. Godspeed Bruce.

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Godspeed Bruce, You’re knowledge of this way of life was astounding!!!!! Wishing you the best.

Surfcityrocker, OG lil E and Stogy like this.
  13. OG lil E and Stogy like this.
  14. oj

oj

Sad news, I treasure seeing him at the Showdowns sitting and gabbing. Thanks to Zach's tribute, we all know him a little better and miss him all the greater. See ya, Bruce.

Surfcityrocker, OG lil E and Stogy like this.
  15. Muttley

Muttley

Very sad to hear of this. Bruce was always willing to help. He bought a couple of old Moon tanks from me years ago that I really didn't want to sell but I needed the money. I was happy that they went to someone who would appreciate them. RIP Bruce.

16. I never had the pleasure of meeting Bruce but "knew" him through these pages. Rest in peace now my friend.

17. All of us that knew him on the HAMB will be at a great loss due to his passing. RIP my friend. Loved all his post here.

Stogy and OG lil E like this.
  18. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

It’s very sad to hear this news. My condolences to the family. This place will not be the same without him. If there’s ever a HAMBers Hall of Fame, he should be the first inducted. Godspeed sir, and Rest In Peace.

Thor1, Surfcityrocker and Stogy like this.
  19. Very sad to hear. Bruce gave me the original, bakelite V8 shift knob in my rpu...

Stogy and Truck64 like this.
  20. stinger40

stinger40

I never knew the man except from his posts here, from reading them I quickly learned to respect him. He will be missed. RIP Bruce.

clem and Stogy like this.
  21. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

RIP.

Stogy likes this.
  22. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

The HAMB is starting to show it's "age". We've lost a few respected members in the last several months. On another site I frequent, members who have passed are given an Emeritus Membership, and there's a separate small forum for their announcements/obituaries. Just a thought. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

23. deuceman32

deuceman32

Godspeed Mr. Lancaster. Thank you so much for all that I learned from your posts helping others here.
    I remember the tribute to Dick Spadaro that Bruce wrote upon Dick's passing and thinking at the time how they were cut from the same cloth. A pot and a kettle, so to speak.

Jeff Norwell and Stogy like this.
  24. Oh no - after all these yrs on the HAMB I felt like I knew Bruce. He was the one who always shared his wealth of knowledge with me whenever I had questions. Sa sad day indeed.

This one really sucks....may he RIP and sincere condolences to all his family.

pitman and Stogy like this.
  25. williebill

williebill

I posted on the other thread about wishing I'd had a chance to meet him, and how he seemed like such a good guy, in addition to his knowledge of Fords and flatheads. I always read all his posts.
    As I'm reading all the comments on both posts, I realized that I don't know anything about Bruce's own car or cars. If he posted that, I must have missed it. Don't remember him referring to his own, just trying to help everyone.
    What did Bruce drive?

Stogy likes this.
  26. So sad to hear this, my condolences to his family. We have truly lost a great one.........................

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Quoted from his Profile...

'48 Ford, '32 Fords, '31 Austin
    Came home from hospital in a new '48 Ford. Stuck with it.

Surfcityrocker and williebill like this.
  28. R.I.P. Bruce. We will miss you.

Stogy likes this.
  29. Sad news indeed....and fast into those arms that await him....thanks for all the help over the years Bruce.

Stogy likes this.
  30. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but your eulogy says all that needs to be said.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.