Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bruce Lancaster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SUHRsc, Oct 31, 2019.

1. jim snow

jim snow

Very well spoken Zach. I never met Bruce either but always read his posts. Another H.A.M.B. icon passes on. Godspeed Bruce. Snowman

OG lil E and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Wow, just ran across this post and am shocked and very saddened. I never knew he was a librarian but it sure makes sense now. My prayer for him is that he is in Gods arms now...and forever.

OG lil E, bchctybob and AHotRod like this.
  3. Zack, that was a fine tribute to a good man. He was among the best that there ever was. I, too will miss him, as well as will many more. His passing is a great loss to our world, and to his family

OG lil E, AVater and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Had some dealings with Bruce. Top notch stand up man. Sad to hear.

5. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

My condolences. Like others,we never met but I would read any post he wrote something on.
    His career may have been as a librarian but he was a superb teacher.

Surfcityrocker and jim snow like this.
  6. Rest in peace Bruce...

7. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

So sad to hear. RIP Bruce.

8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

So much to comment on here so let me try to make a few fitting comments. First, my condolences to Bruce’s family and friends. By the looks of it, there are many. Second:, I echo the huge loss this is to our areas of interest. Third, I had the opportunity to meet Bruce at Hershey this year having been introduced by Nickthebandit. I am grateful for this opportunity. Finally, Zach, thank you for your fine post.

Thor1, OG lil E and seb fontana like this.
  9. Condolences To his family, friends, and you Zach. His knowledge that he shared and wealth of information will be forever missed. Anytime he posted one of his answers on here I would read it knowing that it was accurate and detailed in such a simple fashion like Zach stated. These days it's become more common to hear of these heroes we are losing and makes me realize that us younger enthusiasts need to step up and carry on the legacy of the people that shared with us this great hobby. Thank you Mr. Lancaster for everything you have shared and Rest in Peace.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

I met him a few times at random events like the showdown and trog and whatnot. But the first time I met him was at your place before a showdown weekend. He was just such a genuine guy that it was impossible not to like him. And he had so much knowledge that he was so eager to share. It’s huge loss for all of us here. But my condolences to you Zach, for the loss of your friend.

11. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

God speed Bruce...May the Good Lord bless his family with hope and strength . Amen

12. Condolences to the family and friends. Rest in peace Bruce.

13. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Condolences to His loved ones, surely resting in peace..

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. rust&patina

rust&patina

15. You were a wealth of knowledge, Godspeed Bruce.

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

17. rusty valley

rusty valley

as many have posted, when bruce posted here you payed attention. so sad we have lost the man. i never met him. once years ago in secrets of speed mag there was a couple pics of his roadster, i would love to see the other cars owned by the man with the wealth of knowledge. anyone got some photos to show?

Surfcityrocker likes this.
  18. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Godspeed Bruce. Condolences to your family and friends. The world was a better place with you here. Thanks for the knowledge you shared freely.

19. bchctybob

bchctybob

I was deeply saddened to log on and see the announcement of Bruce’s passing. He was a H.A.M.B. treasure that we all enjoyed and benefited from. Thanks guys for posting the additional information so we could get to know him better. May God comfort his family and friends. R.I.P Bruce, we’ll miss you....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thor1, OG lil E and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. scarylarry

scarylarry

We will miss Bruce for sure.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. Thanks Zach for your memories of Bruce Lancaster.

Bruce I feel fortunate to have known you on the HAMB and Ford Barn, respected the depth of your knowledge, and the love of the hobby we all enjoy.

May God comfort your family and friends in this time of need, and may you
    Rest in Peace For Ever.

Keith

Thor1, OG lil E and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. Rest in Peace Bruce. We will miss your knowledge and wit.

OG lil E likes this.
  23. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those whose life he touched will mourn his loss for some time to come. May he rest in peace. Prayers sent for his family and friends.

Thor1 and OG lil E like this.
  24. That was great Zach… When Bruce wrote his treatise on early Ford transmissions, I was so impressed I copied them all for my reference folder…Years ago I sold Bruce an Ansen master cylinder mount and he said "Mike, the dead presidents are in the mail".... I loved his humor.... Godspeed friend....My condolences to his family and close friends…

OG lil E, warbird1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. Kind regards. A HAMB great.

OG lil E likes this.
  26. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Not what I was hoping to hear. Knew a lot and not just old Fords. Started a somewhat OT thread about my avatar not too long after I decided to join in 2009 and he left a couple great posts, even had been a passenger more than once. Looked for his comments after that, R.I.P. Bruce.

OG lil E likes this.
  27. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Good by Bruce, Thank you for all you shared with and taught us. You are missed already by your HAMB family. And to your family I say thanks for sharing this man with us and may God give you comfort in this time of sorrow.

OG lil E likes this.
  28. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Damn it! You are and will be missed. RIP.

OG lil E likes this.
  29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I will miss Bruce's enjoyable readings and knowledge.
    Condolences to the Lancaster Family.

OG lil E and lothiandon1940 like this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RIPBruce.jpg
    Regards, Stogy

prpmmp, jim snow, OG lil E and 4 others like this.