Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Vintage Speed Fuel Pressure Gauge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigchuck, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

2. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

Not a regulator.....a pressure gauge.

3. alchemy

alchemy

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Nailhead Jason likes this.
  4. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

I meant gauge..

5. I have a Moon one on my Modified. Yet to see it work as I haven’t fired it up yet.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. 19Fordy

19Fordy

7. Get the one from Dicks Hot Rod Carbs @dickster27 here on the hamb. It works great and looks real good. Running one on my 39 now.
    Fuel Pressure.jpg

8. Looks great, Jason.:)

9. Had one of those on a tri power set up and it never worked, always showed 0 psi and yet the car ran fine, lol

10. We'll see. Moon are not the greatest in terms of reliability but we have to put up with what we can get over here, not a lot of choice.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Barrelnose pickup likes this.
  11. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know about that particular gauge, but I have had enough negative interaction with Vintage Speed that I would look elsewhere. The one from "Dickster27" looks good,

12. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

I was asking about a particular gauge and most of those are not even fuel pressure gauges. Gotta love google searches.

Thanks.

13. fleetside66

fleetside66

Are you talking about a modern-ish Moon gauge or one like this made for Moon back in the '60's by U.S. Gauge Corp.?

IMG_4006.jpg

14. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Wika is a well respected gauge maker, this one has a pretty good sweep:

Gauge 0-5 PSI
    [​IMG]

Blues4U likes this.
  15. Bought new recently

Sent from my moto g(6) play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. alchemy

alchemy

Beanscoot, where'd you find that one? What size is it?

17. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I found it on a google search and since we use Wika gauges at work, I was interested.
    You can try to find it on their website or through their distributors, but sites of large companies are difficult to navigate to find what you want. I did get a part number supposedly for that gauge, but it led to a different, high pressure gauge.

In the past I have bought old low pressure gauges off of ebay and rigged up a water column to test and calibrate them.

18. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

100_2266[1].jpg Having a good regulator and using an accurate low pressure gauge is a MUST when running strombergs....

19. Luke stone

Luke stone

I have a moon one on my willys and it reads fine when cold when warmed up it drops to zero. I googled it and apparently something that is common on liquid filled gauges
    Luke

20. As with any part of your fuel system, pay attention to quality and not just looks or low cost.
    Years ago I purchased an OT, showcase/test mule vehicle from a major turbo supplier. It came with a cheezy fuel pressure gauge already in it. Me and the wife were out on "Date Night" and all of a sudden we smell gas, lots of gas. Something had let go inside the gauge and fuel was coming out an access hole in the back of it and dripping all over the engine. I was able the remove the faulty gauge and make it home. It was an exciting end to our date night, to say the least.