Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1932 Ford Dash Panel for 1930 Model A

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Richard Reed, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Richard Reed

Richard Reed
    from Maine

I am looking for any manufactures that make a 32` ford dash panel that will fit over the 30` Model A gas tank/instrument panel. With the original chrome 30` gauge panel removed, so that I can use shallow gauges in the 32` panel because of limited space. Thanks

2. No such animal made......

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Cut out the gas tank, problem solved.
    [​IMG]
    I’m assuming you are thinking about the roadster in your avatar. I put a 17 gallon tank behind my seat (1929 cabriolet), and still had trunk storage space.

4. Cree

Cree
    from Montana

upload_2019-10-30_19-10-1.jpeg
    28A...Brookville 32 style dash, quad gauges and ignition switch fit into the stock gauge recess behind, light switch is vertical behind, its tight.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019

5. Richard Reed

Richard Reed
    from Maine

Cree, where did you get your quad gauges? I am thinking of going that route or buying gauges from SpeedHut and using the stock instrument panel. I want to thank everyone for there suggestions.

6. Cree

Cree
    from Montana

"Dolphin" gauges and dash by PO, cowl tank is nonfunctional. Perhaps not HAMB style but an expedient solution for this particular hot rod.

7. I cut dash from extra Model A tank and hung it from the windshield valance.

Attached Files:

continentaljohn likes this.
  8. The gas site glass has a jeweler's Lupe glued to the back to see the gauge on the tank behind it. Also wired a 12 volt wheat germ light to help see the gauge. Original gauge panel modified for gauges and Aristocrat panel also modified and mounted over original panel.

Maybe this will spark additional ideas. I'm not a fan of the flat '32 dash in the Model A.

Phil

9. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

image.jpg image.jpg Phil I loved that Vicky and never noticed you had a Dunn or Aristocratic dash panel wicked cool!!
    I put a 1936 dash in my model a and used the original gas tank with a antique rare stickruler fuel gauge:D

Mr cheater likes this.