Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods She gone.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Oct 27, 2019.

1. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Looking forward to the next build. Enjoy following you flynbrian and your experiences.

Algoma56 and flynbrian48 like this.
  2. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Nice ‘34, good luck on next build!

flynbrian48 likes this.
  3. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

:( Almost shed a tear when I saw this. I hope no one was hurt.

4. Brian's son was admitted to the hospital with a knee injury and the young lady that Brian was pushed into was also injured, the distracted idiot that rear ended Brian while sitting at a stop sign was not hurt. HRP

5. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I'm sorry to here that. I was rear ended at a light also by a 17 year old girl with no insurance. I sold my Harley because of all the idiots out there. My Hot Rod doesn't give me much protection either. I try to keep my head on a swivel but sitting at a stop you are very vulnerable. Keep the Faith.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    34toddster and Surfcityrocker like this.
  6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

My wife said she’d never ride in the ‘34 after that, I have to admit I’m no longer at ease in it either. No point having a car we’re uncomfortable in.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. jim snow

jim snow

Sad but true. Don’t make any sense to have it sitting around collecting dust. Jmho. Snowman

8. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

That's a drag but I see what you mean especially with the gas tank sticking out like it does. I just saw 2 days ago on YouTube a crash test with a 59 Impala vs a new Impala and OMG the 59 did not fair well at all but the new one did very well. They have come along way in safety since 1959. Makes me think the new Camaros or Chalengers are maybe cooler than I thought. I don't think I'm ready to give up on Hot Rodding yet but it does make you think.

9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

It's ok, those Chevy hub caps just ruined that car. You can do better next time!
    Ha ha!:D

10. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

There's always "that one guy". ;)

millersgarage likes this.
  11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I'm not ready for "team softy", but honestly I've always been more of a big heavy car that's low to the ground kind of guy. :cool:

12. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I know what you mean. I just bought an airbagged 47 buick 2dr sedanette. :p With a sbc and automatic of course. LOL. Lippy

13. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I've alway been a fan of them too. I also have a 66 Pontiac Catalina on bags that I've had over 20 years. Probably not the type of big heavy car you're talking about but still a lot of fun. Had it up for sale for a while but decided to keep it. So I can imagine how hard it was to part with your Ford. Good luck on the hunt for the next car and have fun doing it.

14. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Wait? What? YOU bought the one that was on here? In Livonia? I pitched that car to my wife, she HATED it! "It looks like a stinkbug." was her reaction to it. :p I thought it'd be perfect for us for towing to replace the wagon, all of the couples we're friends with who have vintage trailers and cars, the husbands loved it, the wives all thought it was ugly. I wanted it, I'm glad somebody who appreciates it got it. It IS a big heavy car that's low to the ground. :D

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I figured that car wouldn't last long. Great deal, IMO. Your next one will be even better!

16. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Just kidding! I wanted you to not second guess your self.
    It is most certainly a beautiful car!

17. belair

belair

Congrats to you and the new owner. Life and cars go on.

18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Brian, that's the car. It was in Warren. I too looked at it every time I browsed the classifieds. Finally couldn't stand it anymore and bought it. It definitely gets the looks. LOL. Lippy

flynbrian48 likes this.
  19. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I hate you right now... Please don't tell me it drives out great and the air suspension is well done...

20. Congrats on the sale!

21. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

building them is best .then looking for the next build !!! building garages gets expensive . don't ask how I know