Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Halloween is around the corner, do you use your hot rod or custom as a prop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Years ago we took the kids around the neighborhood they got candy we got beer. Everyone knew Everyone by first name took all night to make it around because of all the talking. I dont go near that hood anymore. I moved 700 miles away to the country. Havent had a trick or treater out here since I bought in 2012 so I dont get the cars out altho I would if they came.
    We have open and concealed carry people here kind of keep there opinions to them selves

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

2. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

I've always wanted to sit in a lawn chair in my overalls with a carved pumpkin over my head and scare the shit out of the older kids that are out to cause trouble.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. I think you have been working to hard!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I have this really hideous mask with wild hair I've had about 25 years. I've always been scared to wear it with the kids; I don't need any of them getting hurt on my property if they run because of my mask. It even scares our dogs! There's only 4 families out of 15 that have kids on our cul-de-sac, and some of them are too old for Helloween. I did't want to put the brakes on it, but after last year, I'm just not going through that again. My wife almost always has to work also. Where's Freddie Kruger when you need him? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HappHal2019.jpg

:rolleyes:...I used the Ole Hotrod as Jack O Lanterns Virtual Evening of Artful Spirit to All Hambers to Consider Lopping off an Inch or Two or Three...off the Top...:)...it's a Hotrod Ritual After All on October 31...;)

Have an Artful, Animated Evening Hoodlums

tinsled, 3W JOHN, Boneyard51 and 4 others like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Halloween pic where did Fall Go...:eek:

7. I agree, haven't had much great Fall weather here in Denver this year. Not a hot rod or custom in a Halloween display, but here is my neighbor's Halloween display all covered with snow this morning:

10-30-19 a.JPG

The snow between our houses usually doesn't pile up too much with drifting and what not, plus we've been doing a lot of shoveling. So here's a shot out of my other living room window facing the street:

10-30-19 b.JPG

At last measurement we had around 8 inches on the ground. Haven't been outside yet to check things out, but it has been snowing lightly since last night. The storm moved in Sunday and it's been snowing ever since. To look at the last picture you would swear it was Christmas Eve and not the day before Halloween! E

3W JOHN, Lil32, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  8. Fortunately, your prank didn't backfire like this poor guy. :eek: HRP

3W JOHN, OG lil E, Boneyard51 and 2 others like this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

Not a rod or a custom, but we had fun in the hearse last year at Halloween!

Rally_Rt66_1440_0827.jpg

nochop, tinsled, 3W JOHN and 11 others like this.
  10. Jim, what model is the hearse? HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  11. The local funeral home pulls their old Dodge Brothers carved wooden body hearse out this time every year. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tinsled, 3W JOHN, LOU WELLS and 6 others like this.
  12. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Scairist part is car,way too much front tire scrub an the bubble of BS drag race moon tank on a street rod. BOO

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

That's a neat DB hearse....but looks like they need to invest in some new tires! lol

3W JOHN, Boneyard51 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I had a skeleton behind the wheel of my '55 Pontiac for years, I told people he had been waiting for his wife to get ready since the car was new!

15. squirrel

squirrel

1940 LaSalle, with a Miller Duplex body

16. Ironically, I have been told the hearse had new tires and tubes installed about 6 years ago, the left rear tire has a slow leak, it's flat after 3 days. HRP

3W JOHN, Boneyard51 and NWRustyJunk like this.
  17. Jim, is the hearse yours or your brothers? HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  18. squirrel

squirrel

It's my brother's. Still sitting in his yard, waiting for someone to want to play with it.

3W JOHN, Boneyard51 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

That's just low tire pressure for traction on the strip. Wood? Must be heavy, and it's not even "loaded".
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Our church had a halloween 'bazaar' in the parking lot last year for all the kiddies...
    I dropped by the local feed store and owner Doug happily loaded 3 hay bales onto my F100. Wife and I 'decorated' the hay bale-adorned bed with all sorts of scary stuff, some carved pumpkins, and foam skulls.
    Wife Joey dressed up as a witch...(Wow, witches never looked that good when I was little...)
    I had some scary old duds I put on, with my home made Roth Ozark hat, and pitchfork...
    The kids hardly noticed, most wanted to see the engine in the 'hot rod truck'!
    Boo, indeed...but we got rid of all that candy!

21. Yes sir, from the doors back it's all carved wood, it's actually pretty well done.

We know the McDougald's and I have tried to talk them into getting the old hearse back in service but they are worried about it breaking down en route to one of the cemetery, I mentioned making it reliable by replacing the old engine with something modern, he wouldn't hear of it. HRP

[​IMG]

3W JOHN, Lil32 and vetteguy402 like this.
  22. What fall?, we don't seem to have one anymore, goes from hotter than a four balled tom cat in the middle of October to cooler than the proverbial witches titty in a steel brazier overnight. :eek: HRP

3W JOHN, Stogy and low budget like this.
  23. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

That’s EXACTLY why we quit having Trick or Treat at my old house! Can you imagine a grown man trying to steal candy. I had to stand up before and tell them to get off my porch! Some people just take the fun out anything!
    The thing that bothered me the most is when I would grab the kids hands and growl..... the mamas would run off the porch!!..... what ever happened to mamas protecting thier young??
    Now before everyone gets on to me..... we adjusted our “ scare” to the age of the children..... played easy with the little ones..... but 12 and up..... it was ON!

Bones

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. They use to have trunk or treat at the October cruise-in at McDonald's but like you referred to older kids would swoop in and grab a whole bowl of candy setting in front pf a car and dump it in there bag, when the little kids came by with their parents the bowls were empty, we started keeping the goodoes in the car or our pockets and waited for the kids, the teenagers I sent on their way. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  25. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Trunk or treat for my daughter's preschool this morning

20191030_111216.jpg

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We were blessed with a most beautiful display this year and the white shit hasn't flown yet but it's in the radar...but yeah overall pretty darn nice it was...you have to find a new row of trees I guess and your right it is short lived especially if there is early frosts...and then there's @OG lil E's Halloween...:eek:

27. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

28. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

That's some beautiful craftsmanship
    Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3W JOHN and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-10-31_4-34-15.png
    Racer Orange turned out to be Salmon Pink

Hello,

In the days from being little kids, I was out early for the first round of kids in the trick or treat neighborhood. But, my real job was to hand out candy to all of the kids that came to our house. It was a mad house. As a teen, I had to go to the neighborhood store to buy more candy and it was only 7:00 p.m. Where we lived, there were so many kids out and about, despite a nearby playground with the annual Halloween Carnival in action.
    upload_2019-10-31_4-35-11.png
    I got creative one year. My mom was telling me I had to go to the store again, to get more candy. She was afraid that if she did not continue to give out candy, the house would get trashed. There were times when the last person to ring our door bell was around 10 p.m.

I found some yellow see through paper in our party supplies and cut out some shapes to cover the headlights of the 40 Ford Sedan Delivery. Our neighborhood store was only a few blocks away, and there were no local police cruising around, so it was safe to drive slowly to the store and back. Another year, I had to go to the store two times because the hordes would not stop coming up to the door. Even if we turned off the lights on the street side windows, they kept coming.
    upload_2019-10-31_4-35-46.png

Jnaki

The sedan delivery was orange red (salmon pink), the headlights were yellow and in the darken streets away from the street lights, it looked like impending doom coming down the street. I made sure that I was going slow enough to not hit anyone. But, I got some mean stares and fingers pointed at me from the moms and dads that were with their kids.
    upload_2019-10-31_4-36-19.png
    This is the color that would fit the Halloween night, cruising down the street.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  30. BJR

BJR