Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shane’s 34...choppity chop chop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Oct 20, 2019.

1. I would not cut a car that nice. Enjoy it as is. Real sweet ride. I have a 32 Ford 3 window with a stock height and get compliments all the time that this is a sweet un cut car.
    Vic

loudbang likes this.
  2. clem

clem

Is the cost of chopping it, altering the seating, steering and then a repaint, all justified ?
    Would it not be simpler to sell that one and buy a chopped one ?
    If it was a project or a primered car, sure, go ahead and chop it, but for a totally finished car in that pristine condition, the time to chop it has passed...........

3. trikejunkie

trikejunkie
    from Scotland

Rocky what wheels are you running -I like them a lot

4. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

wtf? is this the FORD BARN? Chop it!

Tim and barrnone50 like this.
  5. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it were mine i wouldn't be able to get from behind the wheel for long enough for it to be chopped. But chopped or not it's a lovely car.

I'm not an artist or photographer, but to me that second pic, the front end with the autumnal background is just stunning. But I hate sweeping up fallen leaves.

Chris

6. Trad V8

Trad V8
    from Edinburgh

Personally you will do as you desire, and why the hell would you do otherwise!

For me if it's fendered the chop needs to be relatively mild, otherwise the overall body, fender top hat proportions begin to be distorted. If you go fenderless the options are greater, but again the relationship between body, chassis & top hat proportions still come into it. Channeling the body the depth of the frame allows you to do more with the chop, etc., etc. The '33/'34 body style is a very finely balance thing, and when you change it you have to keep looking at things from a long ways back to keep those proporions in balance! Of course you'll always get a well done exception to the above, whatever style you might look at, but generally those are the guys that 'get it' as far as visual balance goes.

Dougie

rpm56 likes this.
  7. 53-56 Chrysler....rears widened a bit. '34 Ford repro hubcaps.

trikejunkie and loudbang like this.
  8. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

How easy is it for you to get into and out of it now. Then think about a lowered seat and a lower roof. Then think about how all that apples in ten or twenty years when knees, backs are a bit stiffer. Only you can answer the question.

loudbang likes this.
  9. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very foolish to chop a car this nice.What were you thinking?Go for it .That's what Hot Rodding is.Very Foolish...

10. 1pickup

1pickup

Haven't you cut that thing up yet? What are you waiting for?

Tim likes this.
  11. Gman0046

Gman0046

No Chop. Some of the cars pictured in this thread are chopped too much ruining the proportions of the cars.
    Why do some people think evrything needs to be chopped?

Crafty, a boner and loudbang like this.
  12. madfish

madfish

Didn't you torture yourself with the very same question on the Model A Sedan? You got the same variety of answers and you chopped it anyway. Quit worrying about what other people think and do what you want. :)

rpm56 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I would chop it to my liking. Check out Rocky's for inspiration.

j hansen likes this.
  14. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Or......................as you get older you may live to regret that you did not chop it. Decisions, decisions!

15. As a kid I would have said chop it and remove the fenders. My current perspective of life says leave it alone. Kind of like asking us what wheels, color or powertrain to use in a build.

16. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

dude.... knock it off..... we are going to chop the shit out of it!

kidcampbell71, A Boner, Tim and 2 others like this.
  17. It sounds like you've already made your mind up. It's your car, so you can do whatever you want with it. But remember, anything that happens to this car from this point forward is on you...

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  18. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

I watched the video on your inspiration car the other day. Good work since it was a 4 door converted to a 5w. Cant remember ,but I think they pieced the roof together, then leaned the A piller back and then chopped it. The amount of time it must have taken had to be overwhelming. I have enough trouble seeing out of mine, (unchopped) as it is. I am 6'1" and i drive with my arm on the window ledge. To lower the seat would throw that off. To me unchopped is for me because of the seating position. A 33 or 34 is not that roomy to begin with so cutting down the roof area would crowd me. It may work well with your body frame. Also into play is the rear window. Its going to be about 3 inches tall if you go that drastic. If it makes sense to you go for it.

loudbang likes this.
  19. A Boner

A Boner

20. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chop Chop Chop...……………... 46521283_2246898492010735_6395629864828796928_n.jpg

adam401, rod1, Tim and 7 others like this.
  21. BJR

BJR

Woodsman spare that Ford!:p

loudbang likes this.
  22. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

It’s pissed because someone cut way too much out the a pillar and looks bent at the b pillar reminds me of one of those vw rat bugs

23. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well....I think the new look is killer....like a tuxedo. Added 16” white walls and baby moons. The stance is correct in my eyes

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. alchemy

alchemy

That amount of chop is just right for that car. ;)

kidcampbell71, rod1 and blowby like this.
  25. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Superb . Now just call it done and enjoy.

26. belair

belair

27. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Truth

28. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

My 32 is unchopped , my Buddy’s 34 , 5 winder is chopped . It looks bad ass , but it sucks to ride and drive the 34 .bumps and your head will hit the headliner , seat is lowered , his 34 is a super nice hot rod from a restored car. If it were rusty tin , I’d cut it up yesterday , your car if you want a chopped one sell-it and buy a rusty car that’s been chopped .

loudbang and chop job like this.
  29. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So Nice.

loudbang and chop job like this.
  30. GeeRam

GeeRam

Looks great :cool::cool: