Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A Little Help Please SW Fuel Gauge Sender!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkmanjr, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Damn vintage gauges. Once again I'm trying to figure out what sender to use with my Stewart Warner fuel gauge. The ohm deal is a pain in the ass and I dont want to buy 10 senders to find the right one. I once had a page saved that had all the juicy info but that computer crashed and here we are. Anyway trying to figure out what sender I need to get for my Stewart Warner 12 Volt fuel gauge part number 426091 (located at top of face) its an old brass case un lit/indirect lighting gauge. I dont have to have the correct SW sender but just which OHM sender I need 33 90 240? Thanks guys

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

When I worked at the gm dealer we had a variable resistor to test gauges.
    You could dial anywhere from 1 to 999 ohms, most gauges prior to obd2 were 0 to 90 ohm with 45 ohms being 1/2 tank.
    What I would do is find some known value resistors and try them in place of the sender and you will soon find out what the gauges range is.

3. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Old thread but better late then never. The 426091 is a D301 style gauge that takes a 240-33.5 ohm 12v sender

4. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

If you don’t mind hiding a modern solution up inside the dash, you can get a box that takes any sender and connects it to any gauge. $100 well spent. Also adds an anti-slosh feature if your tank is not baffled.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. brading

brading

Think the one David is talking about is the SN34 on Yogi Inc site.

David Gersic likes this.