Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Do you use your tread mill( I do)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Never bought one but a couple of summers ago picked up five for the motors and controls. One motor went on a '50s era Rockwell drill press that needed a replacement and got variable speed. Another motor is slated for my bead roller and my son has plans for the other three motors. Was going to use one for a metal band saw but my son got one from work that they basically gave him because some knucklehead put the guide on wrong and it wouldn't work. Brought it home, reversed the guide, voila... works perfectly. We love repurposing stuff.

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. southcross2631

southcross2631

I bought a manual one without a motor so if you didn't walk it didn't move.
    Put it in front of the tv so no excuses. Put on an hour show and watched it while taking a walk.
    Got it when they said I needed open heart surgery. Walked off 25 lbs and that was 4 years ago .
    Went and saw my cardiologist last week and he told me I might need a valve job in a few years.
    So they will work as intended. I haven't been able to walk lately because of a pinched nerve in my back, but having surgery tomorrow morning to hopefully get relief so I can start walking again.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. BJR

BJR

Best of luck with your surgery, and full recovery.:)

5. Latigo

Latigo

We us ours for it’s intended purpose. When the snow gets deep I’m on it every day. Prop a good book up on the control panel and time flies. Just trying to keep the grim reaper away.
    But I do like the creative ideas as well.

6. LongT

LongT

I ride a bicycle most days, anywhere from 15 to 25 miles, weather permitting. I use an elliptical for about 40 minutes a day in the winter, 72 here.

7. southcross2631

southcross2631

Back home from my surgery and no leg pain ! Just some discomfort from the surgery and stitches.
    6 weeks before I can resume full activity. Going to make it close on time to be ready for the next season. Damn this getting old.