Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need help with my 1933 Plymouth PD 6 cyl.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Megan Caldwell, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Megan Caldwell

Megan Caldwell

Hello there!

My husband and I recently got a 1933 Plymouth PD 6 cyl. and need some help if any of you out there are familiar with these types of cars. My Papa bought the car back in 1963 and took it apart and never quite got it back together before he passed away last October.

Right now my husband is trying to figure out where the wire harness goes through the fire wall- does anyone know or have any pictures/diagrams that would help us?

Thank you in advance for your help,

The Caldwells

dana barlow likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

hi, welcome to the HAMB

I often use google to search for pictures of things like that...for example, if you go to google.com and click on "images", then enter "1933 plymouth engine" and click the "search" icon, you'll find neat pictures like this that can be quite helpful.

33 plym engine.jpg

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. You really need either an original or a reprint of the original Plymouth service manual. I have purchased a few from Faxon Auto Literature. have one I got for my 50 Plymouth and for my 46 Chevy and they have been a lifesaver. Try them and they should have exactly what you need. www.faxonautolit.com
    Also a couple of great sources for parts are robertsmotorparts.com and www.kanter.com They both have online sales and both put out paper catalogs. I have purchased parts from both.
    You can also go online to the Plymouth Owners Club and check out their forums and geg technical answers there.
    Home page of the Plymouth Owners Club Bulletin
    Good luck, Jimmie

Megan Caldwell and plym_46 like this.
  4. Megan Caldwell likes this.

5. gene-koning

gene-koning

With things like this, I'm always concerned with weather the car was being restored to what it originally was, or has some of it has been updated. If there is a "modern" wire harness in the car, the original wiring diagram won't help much. You can see in the picture Squirrel posted, there isn't much "wire harness" that goes through the firewall. Gene

Megan Caldwell likes this.
  6. Megan Caldwell

Megan Caldwell

Thank you all so much for your replies. This is all very helpful information!!!