Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods OH MY GOD....Am I officially an Old Fart Now ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hellerlj, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

That car is begging to be hot rodded.

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Give yourself a week or 2 ... you'll see your way clear. In the mean time, hunt up a rolling "A" chassis and one of them flaphead Ford motors ....

Country Joe and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

This is a hot rod site. You know what to do.

4. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Putt around in it for a while and then succumb to your desires.

5. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Don't hack it up. Move the body to your rod frame. Sell the motor and chassis to someone on the Model T Club site.

'27 T Coupe fits really nice on a 1928-29 frame. "KEEP IT TALL"

302GMC, v8flat44 and The37Kid like this.
  6. SOHC427

SOHC427

I say, find a Body, and start there... No sense in cutting a Complete one up... Years ago, you Sold me a Pic on Ebay, that was the Power I needed to restore my 26 Coupe. I have 2 decent Bodies, if you want...

302GMC likes this.
  7. 1.........it ain't that nice.
    2........... we're hot rodders here-not restorers.
    It'd take me about .4524 seconds to start hot roddin that coupe. It's a great start. Why start with junk like I did? Go for it!

saltflats and Sandgroper like this.
  8. Take 12"s out of the top, then talk to me!:cool:

LAROKE, Sandgroper and tb33anda3rd like this.
  9. spanners

spanners

Just Google Noel Inman's Tall T. That should help your decision.

10. gene-koning

gene-koning

Air up the tires and drive it around the block. If you still want to keep it original after that, you have officially gotten old.

Really, it looks a little rough to restore. you will have the same amount of work in it restoring it as your would making it a hot rod. Which version gives you a better return on your time? Gene

11. jim snow

jim snow

Like most have said. Get after it. Snowman

12. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I have a good friend who with his dad where into model T's and A's. Denny still has several A's and T's . The national club he belongs to is involved with a museum and they are over run with offer's to donate cars to them because the owners or their family's cannot give them away . And despite popular opinion parts are basicly worthless. The people who valued these cars are either dead or close to it. Build your dream car out of it and enjoy. As far as the chassis and drive train . Denny has enough spare parts to make 3 or 4 of them and gave up trying to sell them years ago. Just don't chop it into a rat rod useless pile of shit! I like HRP's example. Larry

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`ve been wanting to build a version of this for 35 years. I have the moon disc`s, the fenders, the motor(flathead), the dash, headlights and the grille shell. But I couldn`t bring my self into cutting up the original T. I`d keep it and tootle around town in it.

14. nutter_street_rodder

nutter_street_rodder
    from Nevis MN

Put it on Craigslist, maybe someone will trade a gold '76 Nova 6 with a 3 spd on floor for it.....
    Been too long buddy!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

I LOVED THAT DAMN NOVA......SURE WISH I HAD IT BACK !!!!!!!

16. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR CHIMING IN......TO THE FOLKS WHO THINK IT IS
    ROUGH, IT IS JUST A VERY BAD PAINT JOB, THE BODY ITSELF IF FABULOUS....

17. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

18. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

Looks can be very deceiving......Very bad OLD paint job....on a very nice body...and the numbers do match, all orig running gear...

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Now you’re not only an old fart and doomed you’re sounding like one of them stuffed shirt restorer types :D
    Numbers matching :rolleyes::D:p:D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  20. If it was mine, I'd have chopped it on the trailer on the way home. But then again, i'm a hotrodder. But since it's yours, I really don't care what you do with it. It's your money, your time, your work, your car, your decision. Do what makes you happy.

21. SR100

SR100

If in fact you are an old fart, you've earned the right to ignore all of us and do what you want.
    It sounds like you bought the car with only the vaguest of plans. Now's the time to step back and plan the build properly. If that means selling this on & starting over, so be it. Do drive the car first, though. You may like it with some performance mods (Check out the banger meet thread).
    P.S. You meet the nicest people in small-town Minnesota parades...

22. I can help you out here, as a Model "T" enthusiast.......
    You need to ship it over to the UK and I will make the decision for you when I get the car and I'll let you know. :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. exterminator

exterminator

Ok, here is what you do. Drive it down a busy street that cars go 45-55 mph and see how much fun you have. Every time I have done that with a original engine car- Boom, the engine comes out. And if you are an old guy, sell it and buy one that is already a hot rod. I know since I am that old guy now !

SquintBoy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  24. v8flat44

v8flat44

I'm with flathead Dave on this...sortta. I.d love to have a stock T for tool'n round town and... a T on an a frame with a 59a full house flatty.....but, hey, i'm an old fart 75 yikes ! Take your time, rushing usually ends up slowing you down. mike

25. exterminator

exterminator

Oh yeah. I wanted to add that time is more important to me now since every day your car is not running is one less day you have to drive it. You never know when your going to kick off.

27. LAROKE

LAROKE

Short and tall of it all. One is too streety and one is to ratty for my tastes.

[​IMG]

302GMC and exterminator like this.