Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Oct 22, 2019.

1. you ever need just a little more room.......... IMG_8141.JPG

Jalopy Joker, Hnstray, Deuces and 7 others like this.
  2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

One of these need to be lower and they would fit better!

Deuces, tb33anda3rd and VANDENPLAS like this.
  3. 1ton

1ton

They fit now.

4. Now you have room for the cat!:D

Deuces, tb33anda3rd and kidcampbell71 like this.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Sorry to see.. You now have a winter project....

6. What the hell is that ? A Rolls ? ... but there's a fleur de lis on the wheel cap ? Did I say it right ? I have a lisp.

7. Yes....Rolls Royce. The cap only looks like it has a fleur de lis....here is a similar cap.... RRcap.jpg

8. Was that an actual crash or an attempt to fit both cars in a smaller shop?

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. Rolls and a Buick! I think their in love.:rolleyes:
    A Buioise!:p

54vicky, swade41 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  10. Speed~On

Speed~On

The daily struggle in my garage....it's a good thing I'm thin and agile :D

11. goldmountain

goldmountain

12. gene-koning

gene-koning

If you would have been going a little faster, you would have had more room behind both cars. Back the Buick up and take another shot at the Rolls! There is still room for stuff to fit together a bit closer. Gene

anothercarguy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Comin' in hot!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  14. soooo, the 1932 Rolls had not run in 30 years, we bought it at the estate sale. the car is a 20/25 limo and is really an amazing piece of equipment. I did all the usually stuff needed to get it running, but I am waiting for parts.
    the 56 Buick I built for a Paul a few years back, 401 nailhead with a muncie four speed and four link rear. he wanted to upgrade it with a 5 speed. I am in the middle of it and am waiting for parts. I had a buddy ask to fix the brakes on his car and I needed to make room for all 3 cars end to end. the rolls is long, the Buick is long and so is the STS caddy that needed a brake line.

15. they are close, but not touching. IMG_8142.JPG

Jet96, Jalopy Joker, TFoch and 5 others like this.
  16. Buick dips in where the rolls dips out, Buick goes low where the rolls goes high and visa versa.

Hnstray, lothiandon1940, Tim and 2 others like this.
  17. if you look really close at this photo. rolls used a really neat way to hold the wheel on. on the out side edge of the Crome center, you can just see it is actually a hex. stepped out from that and a smaller diameter is a ringed flange. the tool that removes the nut has a hex and then two spring loaded ears that pop behind the ringed flange. this locks the tool to the hex. protruding out and over the center of the tool is a cup that can be screwed in against that geared center section, which is spring loaded. when you screw the cup in the gear unlocks from the outer nut, which can now be unscrewed to release the wheel. really cool RRcap.jpg

18. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I used to park with the hood of my truck under the edge of my workbench. If I git the truck in far enough, I could close the door without it hitting the bumper. If I went too far in, the hood would hit the bench. The difference between the two was about an inch. Parked that way every day for several years.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

BLACK STUDE and tb33anda3rd like this.
  19. putting the 5 speed in the Buick required dial indicating the bell housing. this is the first time I have ever done, or for that matter ever heard of it. the TKO warrantee is null and void if the tranny is installed off center. It has to be within 5 thousandths of an inch. I had to buy off set pins for the back of the motor to get it in spec. first time I ever heard of off set pins. IMG_8134.JPG IMG_8136.JPG

20. That's pretty cool. Had to look again at the 31Dodger pic' to really see the outside hex. So one question remains ... did your uncle sneak into the garage, to perform this procedure to the Rolls' wheels ?

I noticed the hubs are all painted RED. Better hide the wrench for the Chevy !

21. that's my cousin mark your thinking of............I think he keeps a can of red with him at all times.

ct1932ford and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. Lol. I always thought Mark was your uncle. That's funny. Sorry, Mark !

... and thanks Ted ! Show and tell is always great, at your place. You guys have a lot of fun, up there.

ct1932ford and tb33anda3rd like this.
  23. here is some more rolls Royce awesomeness. 1932 fuse panel, marked with a color wiring diagram. note the fuses. a little non metallic card with two steel tabs on each side with a screw. the fusable link runs from screw to screw. tucked into the cover is a small roll of fusible wire, to replace the wire if it blows. IMG_7175.JPG
    IMG_7177.JPG IMG_7178.JPG IMG_7179.JPG fuses look a lot like the modern push in style.

Jet96, 302GMC, David Gersic and 10 others like this.
  24. Only for 33 Chevy coupes that had red rims before the owner was born. Uncle?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

tb33anda3rd and kidcampbell71 like this.
  25. Glad it's only for coupes :D

ct1932ford and tb33anda3rd like this.
  26. BJR

BJR

So all the fuses are the same value.:)

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. better than none

scrap metal 48 and BJR like this.
  28. I am glad there is no damage because that's the first thing I thought that there was more go than whoa! HRP

tb33anda3rd likes this.