Register now to get rid of these ads!

Da Bomb gets E&J headlights

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HD DUDE, Jan 15, 2017.

1. HD DUDE

HD DUDE

Hi there guys. Thought I'd share the installation of a nice pair of E&J's on Da Bomb that I completed today. Retrofitted with some 12v Wagner 4454 sealed beams. Not everyone is a fan of the E&J's but I am. Especially on the right ride and mounted in the right location. Well this is how they turned out today. Pretty happy. Feel free to offer your thoughts good or bad. Cheers from down under. Kenny. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. tinsled

tinsled

Congratulations for the score and top notch A-roadster as well!
    I've always been fascinated on the E&J's - top styling.
    I hope you did not had to pay your ass off for them?

I dig your period correct build and all the speed goodies you've found for it.
    However I need to ask one thing; The roll bar? - Is it mandatory is Oz? (Must by law?)

HD DUDE likes this.
  3. I can appreciate them and your car brings them off as well or better than some I've seen. I just can't bring myself to like them. Sorry, just being honest.

56don, B Bay Barn, slimcat7m3 and 5 others like this.
  4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

installin' them and talking about it here was just a roll of the dice.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Those look great on that type of car.

Hnstray likes this.
  6. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

love the bomber name... 1958 movie, the giant gilla monster called all the rods ... bombs !

wbrw32 likes this.
  7. The lights are kinda polarizing around here. Have to say I love both the before and after. I think that's the best I've seen those lights look. I think you nailed it. Makes me like them on your car a lot!!!

HD DUDE likes this.
  8. They look great on your ride. My self I like the Electroline 2200's best

HD DUDE likes this.
  9. PRB

PRB
    from Az

They don't always make the grade depending on the rest of the build but I think they look really good on your car.
    Has just the right amount of detail to carry it off.
    I guess because they are almost 'bling' so a car needs a finished style look.

10. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

I have to agree that's about as good as it gets, think it might have to do with the cycle fenders and light combo.
    whole car fits together very nice JJ

HD DUDE and shawnsauto1 like this.
  11. They are kind of a 'bling bling' light to me, but your car has a lot of 'bling bling', so they kind of fit the overall style of the build - cool by me. I think it is good that you painted them to match the car - makes them fit better than I've seen them on most.

HD DUDE likes this.
  12. brady1929

brady1929

Looks great

HD DUDE likes this.
  13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

good installation - just seems a conflict with the '32 grill

14. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Congratulation, They fit the build and look of your fine ride unlike 99% of those who sport the E&J Headlights........................................................

15. They look very nice on your roadster..Look even better after you paint the front rim on them

kidcampbell71 and HD DUDE like this.
  16. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yep, paint em red!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HD DUDE likes this.
  17. They look great and perfectly fit your car. But I am biased because I have a set I picked up 15 years ago at a swap meet for an insane $400 at the time. To me nothing says "traditional hot rod" to me like a collection of old parts from other old cars. There is no set formula for that. If they're "blingy" now its because of their rarity which sets the price on them like everything else these days. Stuff that they were giving away 20 or 30 years ago is now insanely expensive. I like goofy old headlights like the '36 Ford bug eyed headlights. I'm going to use one or the other on my next '32 roadster.

HD DUDE likes this.
  18. HD DUDE

HD DUDE

Rollbar not a requirement by law here in Oz. This has been a Hot Rod a long time. I believe it was found in a ditch back in the 70's as a dilapidated hot rod. Purported to have been first modified in the late 40's. Brought back to life & then again by Rich Oakley (Retro Rides by Rich) in the 2000's & then finally by me over the past 4 or 5 years. Not sure at what point in the life of this vintage Rod the roll bar was added. But I'm keen to stay true to it's heritage so at this point in time I have not convinced myself that "it must go". Maybe someone here can shed light on this style of roll bar & if there was ever a time that they would be considered period in any form???? Keen to hear your views on this guys. Cheers.

19. HD DUDE

HD DUDE

Hey thanks for your comments re the E&J's too guys. Historically a tuff crowd. I'll take this one.....

biggeorge and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. RODIST

RODIST

21. Bugguts

Bugguts

I like the lights and the roll bar. They both really look nice on your car. Looks really period to me.

22. HD DUDE

HD DUDE

23. [​IMG]

I love the car,but I have never been a fan of E&J headlights,the elongated oval look just doesn't do it for me,that said if you like it that's all that matters.

I like moon disc but the vast majority doesn't care for them. HRP

24. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

are the lites motor cycle lites?? i have them on my 34, i made adapters to use small dual lite bulbs, had tu set them farther back because of the size. bought mine for $35 years ago.

25. AHotRod

AHotRod

Most excellent, they look very nice on your roadster.

HD DUDE likes this.
  26. Welp, I kinda like the E-J's but I'd really like to find the "just right" car to use a pair of Woodlites on
    woodliteheadlights.jpg

27. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I'm partial to the E&J's. These are the Zipper knock offs fullsizeoutput_4e.jpeg

HD DUDE likes this.
  28. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Gorgeous roadster. I like the headlights, they suit your car.

HD DUDE likes this.
  29. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I like 'em, looks better then the lights you had on there.

HD DUDE likes this.
  30. koolbeans

koolbeans

I'ma getting to point of mounting my e&J's. olbanger71 led me down the path of some motorcycle halogen conversion. Pretty nifty.
    I like your mountings. Looking for additional ideas also.
    I'ma going to try and make mounts to allow to swap to '32 genies when the mood changes.
    Have some really kool late '20's taillights. When I get them together I'll post.
    Always trying to preserve the old stuff. Fun... IMG_20190314_083054565.jpeg IMG_20190226_144225533.jpeg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 likes this.