Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five Gassers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CDN34Pickup, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Part of the reason that Fred Hartman was able to get down into F/MP was because HE was in the driver's seat.
    As the announcers used to call him ..Fred Hartman, Fred Hartman ! And some of you younger guys probably won't get that one..

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Mary Hartman Mary Hartman

gotta56forme, enloe and Mark Yac like this.
  3. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

Hear! Hear!

loudbang likes this.
  4. Probably good timing .This one is gonna spin out of control now, with the authentic one up for cover.

I was just going to post a Good Morning, and a picture of a Super Trick wheel from 1972, but it would probably be deleted as being too new.:rolleyes:

Brian Penrod likes this.
  5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I should post a shot of my 70 Maverick drag car with Cragar Super Tricks, couldn't be any worse than some of the stuff on the Falcon "gasser" thread.

Brian Penrod and enloe like this.
  6. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Boy, you two don't give up. Don't dig things over at "Authentic Tri-Five Gassers"?

1956 Chevy 6.JPG
    Goodguys Indy 2008 9.JPG
    HGCN 2.JPG

1947knuck, jimmy959, enloe and 5 others like this.
  7. Nova Thug

Nova Thug
    from SG Vizzle

So the wheels on a vehicle are the deciding factor on what is or is not a gasser..? If the vehicle is not newer then 65 then the vehicle is qualified to be on this forum. If the Purity Police want to nut and bolt all the cars pictured on this site then I suspect many of the vehicles pictured wouldn’t make the cut with newer transmissions, disc brakes, and other reproduction parts that don’t make the timeline.. Maybe we should exclude cars built or restored with modern welding equipment wire feed, MIG, and TIG. Excluded..! Only proper period gas and stick welders allowed. How far do you really want to go..? How about we exclude vehicles with plastic body filler applied since only lead would have been used at one time.. Only original paint vehicles with original solvent based paint will be allowed..

That’ll keep you all busy..

jimmy959, loudbang, 65pacecar and 4 others like this.
  8. Deuces

Deuces

It's sad that whiners are the ones that are going to kill this thread..... :(

loudbang, 65pacecar, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  10. Not at all true...

11. Nova Thug

Nova Thug
    from SG Vizzle

This thread was started in 2005 and has as of this time a 67 page tribute to the Tri Five Gasser.. Some are the authentic varieties and some are more in the spirit of the Gasser style of car.. The interpretation that inspires someone to build a car of this type are not bound to the strict rules of the era when these cars evolved through the various classes of racing organizations.. In addition some of these vehicles are now as they were back in the day required to meet state vehicle regulations in order to be on the public roads.. I don’t imagine the three Dill Weeds will be able to bring down a thread of such significance with their gripes and groans about spoke wheels.. If everybody isolates them in the ignore box then they will only be entertaining themselves as usual.. Problem Solved..!

Let’s get back to posting Tri Five Gassers people..!

12. rooman and rumblegutz like this.
  13. It looks to me like you three don't give up..Sorry..Make that two..

rooman and rumblegutz like this.
  14. rooman

rooman

I guess it is up to three again as Nova Thug has joined the chorus.

Roo

15. Deuces

Deuces

16. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

17. Can’t bitch about this one... 16EE128D-7527-460B-B4CB-7FCCE4EB4B70.jpeg

18. The other (authentic) thread has already pooped out. I actually don't think the number of tri five gassers are that numerous prior to 1965. Back in the day the newer models where much desired over last years one. Now I don't like big rims and rubber band tires.

19. Good , but makes me wonder why you came back ,with all the grotesque stuff to view over there, and all the young fellas searching for clues.

20. There were plenty of tri 5 gassers in the mid 60's, O.W. There will be more that pop up, I'm sure .
    It's probably just that you don't have any post-a-holics over there that have time to comb Farcebook all day long.;)

21. Keep the dream alive..... 4998B514-D006-4C60-B0E3-6C6D49148B59.jpeg

22. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

I never thought I’d be actually called names on a traditional hot rod site for actually preferring real hot rods and race cars. This may in fact be the end of an era. An interesting dynamic to say the least. I guess I’ll jump back over to the jr stock thread. Cya

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  23. CruZer

CruZer

My friend Chris's 57 Home garage built. 283 2 fours 4 speed. Raised spindles. 15741144_1172120726187158_7584940834394449627_n.jpg

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Wide white radials on a gasser.
    Nice car, has lots of potential, but why is it with so many of these bulds there is always something about them that is a bit "off".
    One of us is confused!

25. Anyone know what's behind the Semi-Hemi name on this car? This one's about perfect!!

[​IMG]

26. Semi-Hemi was a nickname given to the Big Block Chevy in the sixties

bowie, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  27. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

Nickname for the canted valve bbc head.

Deuces and loudbang like this.