Register now to get rid of these ads!

Narrow width bucket seats! What did you use?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Jan 2, 2005.

1. AHotRod

AHotRod

Up for the new guys help!

2. I saved "Butt's" seat post (quote)"sadly,i guess it wasnt tech-o-matic worthy"(quote). Definitely thought it was "Techo-worthy"!!

Sometimes I'm amazed what doesn't make it in. Any way, it's on the home hard drive, so I'll try to post it this evening. (May need some help with that.)

keith

3. Hard to find but old V-Dub buckets and other imports (MG, Triumph etc) are pretty narrow.

I'm pulling patterns off the Bomber seats that the Ravin has and then makeing a narrower set for my roadster. Its a pretty narrow body without the tunnel.

4. Corvairs a re pretty wide, no center hump.

Postal jeeps have narrow seats too, the van style are just tubular and have plywood bases so you upholster them with a staple gun.

5. DrJ

DrJ

They sold more MGBs in So. California alone than they did in the UK. :D

7. Alfster

Alfster

I want to use a pair of these in the modified. They are from an early English Austin 7. I say I want to use them because I have only been able to find one of them. :(

The good thing is that they are only 16 1/2 inches wide at the widest point.

I have all the mounts built in to the chassis for them. Another one will turn up one day.

8. Sorry for delay, trying to post the entire (previous "Butt Reynolds" - howto) post, not just the pix, but I've saved it as an ".htm", and it gets rejected as an "invalid file". Anybody know how to do this??

-Keith

9. brandon

brandon

got a bitchin pair of old kellison glass buckets in my anglia.......pretty narrow around 16" wide......the anglia buckets are going in my t .....and they are pretty narrow too.....brandon

10. jimbob

jimbob

I used a pair of fibreglass speed boat seats.

11. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

I am still looking for seats for my 27 so I thought I would revive this old thread.
    I did score some 30's Bi-plane seats that were period correct for my build and looked great, but they were way too skinny for my fat arse so I am still looking.

[​IMG]

12. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Check out the back seat of a Chevy Monza. If I remember correctly they are buckets that are squeezed between the drive shaft hump and the b pillar. I don't think they recline or fold but with some ingenuity....

13. terry48435

terry48435

I used 2 buckets from a '95 Ford Escape SUV and took the tracks off to lower them and made up some angle brackets to mount them to the floor. The ones I got were cloth,so I got custom fit vinyl seat covers thru J.C.Whitney. The seats fit in the '32 just fine.

14. Checksix!

Checksix!

As mentioned earlier, Bass Pro Shops has some for bass boats that are 17" wide and cheap at 40 to $90 bucks each with folding backs and also high or low backs.

Dave

15. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Try Limey Steve at Limeworks. Got set of buckets from him with black diamond covers.

Fit great in my 40 Willys Coupe.

Of course I got this info from the famous Hamb member Kiwi Kev.

When building a car or needing parts info none better than Kevin Perry!

From Deep In the Heart of Texas!

Now back to the afternoon break of a Honey bun and Jack Daniels

1940 Willys Coupe

16. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Try older Willys Jeep seats their narrow.

17. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

90's Mazda Miata are pretty narrow and very comfy. Can be had cheap at a U-pickit
    yard!

18. flamed34

flamed34

'70's high back 'vette seats are real narrow...the back can be cut down for a more traditional looking seat, without the cost of the '63-'67 vette parts

19. DWBlietz

DWBlietz
    from California

28/29 model a twodor 16 in wide bought pair at lars good luck

20. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

I am still driving about with no seats took the 27 to my buddy on Saturday for blocking and paint and he gave me these.

[​IMG]

21. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Build your own. We fab/modify everything else on our cars, why should seats be a bolt in deal?

These seats were in a link that was posted about a 37 Hudson speedster. They have a pretty cool shape and should be simple enough to build....or as a starting point in a design of your own.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  22. TJ Coyote59

TJ Coyote59

[​IMG]
    Picked up from the "Boneyard" for the Frankenvega. 96 Mazda Miata, gotta be more comfortable than those plastic buckets we've had for years. It's the only seats I could find that were narrow enough for the roll bar fitment.

Only 19" wide in the seat.

23. cherokee_64

cherokee_64

24. Kirkey drag race competition seats with a very high quality snap in upholstery. Couple hundred bucks each. Aluminum with excellent cut-outs for belts . Can be had in 16" widths also 17 and 18 ". Damn good seats.

25. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal