Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Falcons... Street/Strip cars..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Mar 21, 2018.

1. loudbang

loudbang

2. Needed some old school cool.... A53BD311-4C7B-4596-B4D6-931D00F528CE.jpeg 09E331B6-DDD2-499E-867B-EC789DC3680C.jpeg

3. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

:eek:

fiveoh108 likes this.
  6. loudbang

loudbang

7. loudbang

loudbang

8. F83E909D-B699-41FE-AEE0-D0B7AEE3F11F.jpeg AD6ECFF4-14F7-4B45-8D6E-43D2AFF6BA98.jpeg 993681A2-37F0-4E90-A44A-6F1917E4A6FB.jpeg I’m sure I’ll take a hit from the Gasser Police..but it’s too cool not to post... F69B5005-A372-445A-AA0E-BE6DE925F745.jpeg

9. RmK57

RmK57

10. Nova Thug

Nova Thug
    from SG Vizzle

This one is way bad ass..! I love the early body style..

11. loudbang

loudbang

For the complaining crowd :) Chevy power OK LOL ?

1falcon13.jpg

To add to "their" font of knowledge some of us have the skills to download and post photos in seconds no time at all and a days worth of posting saved in a couple minutes. None of which come from fartbook, titter, instaham, or snapcrap no social media for me except the HAMB.

And STILL not in the top ten posters, in fact moved one more member AWAY from the top ten today. :p

I find it highly ironic that the hypocrites can praise and send kudos to one member for passing the 50,000+ post mark yet crush my stones for having LESS THAN ONE HALF as many. :confused:

If they would send as much time posting what "they" want to see instead of complaining the new trifive thread wouldn't be dead from lack of posting :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  12. Very interesting and informative...Now go on. Tell us how you do find all those pics in a matter of minutes, too.
    Okay, so you are the undisputed king of the picture posters. But this isn't some kind of contest. It wouldn't hurt to slow down a bit and not post some of the modern wheel, jacked up street freak stuff, which doesn't belong here.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. loudbang

loudbang

Simple, search what you want like, authentic tri five gassers, and voila all the photos you need right at your fingertips.

OR ..... You could "IGNORE" me and never have to see them again. BUT noooooo

14. Okay, I just did that, and just as I suspected, some real ones showed up as did plenty of bogus ones.
    The problem is ,you post them all..
    As a racer friend of mine says.. Some get it...and some never will

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. Ok I get it...you don’t like some of the pictures...some of the cars aren’t 100% authentic...I get it...still see lots of radials on Hot Rods and Kustoms here...and for the life of me I cant understand why a few folks get so steamed over pics they don’t like...but yet post nothing..this site requires content...without it a website dies...a thread was created for “real tri five gassers” it’s already dead...it was made for those that didn’t like the other thread...the complainers posted basically nothing...but yet come over to police the other threads they like to bag on..and bagging on a guy for posting pics....really....if people didn’t post stuff on here there would be no HAMB and Ryan would be looking for a job....

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I've alluded to this prior, maybe not as articulate as others but............
    It's not just the HAMB regulars here that view this stuff, the whole world has access to these photo posts, the casual observer may not know (or care) about the little nuances of what differntiates these cars (and classes).
    What draws people here originally is quite different than the reason most of us stay here, and that is that the HAMB is the truest traditional market out there.
    There is a segment of society that thinks "if it's on the internet, it must be true", that's where the people that actually lived this stuff step in and set the record straight.
    Again, it's one thing for the "casual observers" to build these new "interpretations", but I see no value in continually glorifying them.

17. So is a Brookville 32 a fake? Does it belong here? What if it’s got disc brakes hidden under Buick drums? What about a flat head with an electronic conversion in the distributer, is a Ford 8” rear end under there unacceptable? All of those items are way...way post 64...yet there are pages of them here and in the pages of magazines like Rodders Journal...again I get it...I hate vinyl lettering, not a fan of whitewalls on gassers, don’t really dig a fake moon tank up front...but I can breeze by those cars and appreciate those that post them to keep a thread relevant..again realize it’s 2019...not 1964...if you have a massive stash of pics of gassers from that era

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Nova Thug, Deuces, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  18. You got a like for the picture. Actually agree on a few points too.
    I think the problem here is some younger, and not so young members think that "Gasser" ( a real history laden Drag Racing class) is synonymous with 70's - 2000's streak freaks. It is NOT! Just the same as a traditional styled Brookville roadster is not the same as a 70's -80's street rod. Nor is a Junior Stock Tri 5 the same as a modern 55 NHRA Super /Stocker. My latter examples don't belong here, and are routinely deleted. Many of us feel that the modern ,bogus "gassers" should be too, and will continue to say so.

Charlie K and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Personally I like the street freak thing and have full intention of building one. I don't care what other people think about it, I,m building it for me, but have no intention of calling it a gasser just a freak.

chryslerfan55, Deuces, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

21. loudbang

loudbang

22. loudbang

loudbang

23. loudbang

loudbang

24. loudbang

loudbang

25. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0445.JPG IMG_0441.JPG IMG_0465.JPG

Some more recent pics of the pecker rocket

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

26. loudbang

loudbang

27. Nova Thug

Nova Thug
    from SG Vizzle

Life is much better with the silence of the lamb feature enabled.. I strongly recommend it..!

“IGNORE” and post more cars please..!

That is all, Thank you.

28. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it........it still made noise.

29. Deuces

Deuces

I did type in "gasser style" in the headliner for this thread, didn't I?????.....:confused::rolleyes: